PDA

View Full Version : Air Tickets in BKK

Pages : [1] 2

Maximo
11-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Need some informations & advice from brudders out there who have stayed in BKK or familar with the place.

Wonder how much does a return air tickets (BKK-SIN-BKK) by Thai Airways cost if you purchase it in Bangkok (inclusive of whatever taxes or charges).

Any good agency (in BKK) to recommend? Can i purchased it thru phone call with my credit card and have the agency delivered to the person.

I'm planning to fly my tirak to Singapore for a short holiday, and this is the first time she is travelling outside BKK.

To all brudders who have tried to pm on the abovematters, SORRY ! just dun understand why my mail box keep indicating full when I've deleted every msg.

thaiboy
11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Maximo
Need some informations & advice from brudders out there who have stayed in BKK or familar with the place.

Wonder how much does a return air tickets (BKK-SIN-BKK) by Thai Airways cost if you purchase it in Bangkok (inclusive of whatever taxes or charges).

Any good agency (in BKK) to recommend? Can i purchased it thru phone call with my credit card and have the agency delivered to the person.

I'm planning to fly my tirak to Singapore for a short holiday, and this is the first time she is travelling outside BKK.

To all brudders who have tried to pm on the abovematters, SORRY ! just dun understand why my mail box keep indicating full when I've deleted every msg.

Did pte msg you, but your box is full. Go to Phya Tour at Golden Miles, Beach Road and they will help you with your needs.

FYI: Phya tour have branch office in bkk

thaiboy

Maximo
11-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by thaiboy
Did pte msg you, but your box is full. Go to Phya Tour at Golden Miles, Beach Road and they will help you with your needs.

FYI: Phya tour have branch office in bkk

thaiboy

Thanks man.

Was just about to pm you to say Sorry for not able to get thru my mail box.

Cheers !!!

siamcomeboy
12-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks man.

Was just about to pm you to say Sorry for not able to get thru my mail box.

Cheers !!!

send the info to you on your mail box already. if you need further help.

Go look for Margrete in Phya-thai tour in Golden Mile ... she will make the arrangement for you, but you pay at her office, and she will ask the bangkok office to send the ticket to your Tirak location, of course with aadditional transport charge of not more than 200 baht.

as for the ticket, it all depends on the airline you choose.

Tip:
after the arrangement on the air ticket, get the no for the office in bangkok, and ask your tirak to call them there. basically to give them her name in thai, location, delivery...etc

Entry to singapore:
make sure she has your address, contact no etc...
don't want her to be caught in a predicatment with the immigration authoritys at the airport. Some times, Thais get send back, refused entry to singapore. (you know why).....you can also call the Immigration at the airport to make sure she gets a smooth entry, provided sometimes you have to stand in as a guarantor.

Visa:
Upon entry to Singapore, usually it is a 14 days social visit pass , just in case she gets only a short duration to stay, say 3 or 5 days. No worry, You can bring her along together with her airticket and passport to extend her stay at the SIR Building(lavender MRT)

1. make sure there is a confiirmed reservation to return to Bangkok.
2. there is a place to stay in singapore.
3.there is someone to sponsor her expenses here in singapore, just in case she doesn't bring any money, okie.

If you need any more assistance ICQ me ...okie

TheUnforgiven
12-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi, does anyone know where to get the cheapest return air tickets to BKK and back? The last time I flown on an airplane was when i was a kid and i have no idea how to get air tickets, the procedure involved blabla. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

NingLiapKew
12-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Brother,

u can buy online from Singapore Airlines (www.singaporeair.com). Can pay by credit card. No need to collect ticket as you can fly with the 'e-ticket' (i.e. just produce your credit card when u check-in).

Alternatively, u can call one of the many TAs here to make booking (or get your tirak to do it).... generally, airlines like Swissair or Scandinavian carry fares of about $5,000 (excluding war risk premium and SIN apt tax).... SQ varies between BHt5,600 and Bht 7,600 depending on restrictions....

TG has a fantastic offer right now...buy a business class ticket and get another one free.... since the cost of a biz class tix is abt Bht15,000....divide this by two and it works our quite reasonably...may be a good time to impress the chick ;)

dargonfly75
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by siamcomeboy
send the info to you on your mail box already. if you need further help.
:
:
If you need any more assistance ICQ me ...okie

Glad to see you helping brothers out. Better than seeing you do personal attack on others. This should be the way the forum goes.

Cheers.

dargonfly75
12-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TheUnforgiven
Hi, does anyone know where to get the cheapest return air tickets to BKK and back? The last time I flown on an airplane was when i was a kid and i have no idea how to get air tickets, the procedure involved blabla. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Bro, are you sure dunno? Hmm.. are you pulling the brothers dick?.. I mean leg.
Anyway, the best way would be to go to the tour agency. Get them to arrange the flight and hotel. If you already have accommodation in BKK, then you can try priceline.
But still think tour agency would be hassle free. They can also arrange for flight only for you.

TheUnforgiven
12-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by dargonfly75
Bro, are you sure dunno? Hmm.. are you pulling the brothers dick?.. I mean leg.
Anyway, the best way would be to go to the tour agency. Get them to arrange the flight and hotel. If you already have accommodation in BKK, then you can try priceline.
But still think tour agency would be hassle free. They can also arrange for flight only for you.

Seriously, I don't know. My previous trips to LOS were all by bus, but since I'm taking leave in the middle of the year, I don't have the time to spare sitting in the bus for two digit hours.
I have a place to stay, so hotels are out for me. I thought of priceline but its kinda inflexible in terms of changing flights - you can't change at all. Besides, you can't choose the time you want to fly. Do you know of any reliable tour agencies in Singapore?

siamcomeboy
13-03-2003, 12:10 AM

well, again you can try phaya thai tour in golden mile... look for Margaret, I can fet you the contact no....if you want...!

As far as I know, the cheapest air ticket is on Zenden Airline , if I remember correctly, it's a indian Airline, SIN-BKK-SIN for a one year ticket is $265.

But the problem is that the departure is only on monday , friday and saturday, if i remember correctly.
No daily departure.

quality comes with money, it is cheap, so you can imagine the service and the departure frequency.

but anyway, it's only 21/2 hours flight, better save the money for bonking rite??? kekekekeke

TIP:
if you frequently fly to Thailand or bangkok , buy this ticket.
Fly there, but on your return trip buy another BKK-SIN-BKK ticket maybe on SQ etc, it's cheaper there in Bangkok.

so you can use the same ticket to fly up again, return trip buy another of the same or another airline, as you go along you might get to enjoy and taste the service of different airline service , because it's cheaper to buy a ticket form thailand.

BUT don't forget to use the left over potion of the Zenden Airline return ticket before the expired date...( it's a one year ticket)

in the long run , you would have enjoy the service of other airlines on a cheaper rate. rather than to buy the tickets form singapore.

remember prices of airlines vary during peak season, so does the reservation of seats.

last pointer , never buy the air ticket of the origin country, ie. if you are flying out from sin...don't buy SQ, from Thailand, don't buy TG, becos it's usually more expensive than the other carrier.

last but not the least, if you want to save all the hassle, try Priceline, you can name your price at this web, and sometimes you get it...ok??
Need further assitance , icq or pm me, okie??

ivan303
13-03-2003, 12:10 AM
Sunny Holidays in Bugis Junction. Ever Holidays in Golden mile. Tel :62971887. Mubbah travels. Tel:62960011. Do not take FINAIR service no good.

TheUnforgiven
13-03-2003, 12:19 AM
well, again you can try phaya thai tour in golden mile... look for Margaret, I can fet you the contact no....if you want...!

As far as I know, the cheapest air ticket is on Zenden Airline , if I remember correctly, it's a indian Airline, SIN-BKK-SIN for a one year ticket is $265.

Thanks for the info and tips. I have another question, does the $265 include taxes? If it does, it's gonna add up to around $300. Bro opticum managed to get a ticket from priceline at $238 including taxes, which is very cheap indeed.

siamcomeboy
13-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info and tips. I have another question, does the $265 include taxes? If it does, it's gonna add up to around $300. Bro opticum managed to get a ticket from priceline at $238 including taxes, which is very cheap indeed.

i am not sure, try calling them to check, okie??

don't forget it's a one year ticket, 14 days tickets are usually cheaper.

it all depends, you may want to try some tour package too, usually cheaper which includes hotel accomodation, then the trick is after the tour, go free and easy on you own, but remember to check the expiry of the return ticket, or less kekekekeke...

Check with the tour agency on the package offer, whether it's sharing for accomodation etc...., anyway we can do bonking else where, unless you want to work over time...kekekekeke

like I say again, prices vary during certain period of time, school holidays, etc, usually more expensive.

TheUnforgiven
13-03-2003, 12:46 AM
i am not sure, try calling them to check, okie??

don't forget it's a one year ticket, 14 days tickets are usually cheaper.

it all depends, you may want to try some tour package too, usually cheaper which includes hotel accomodation, then the trick is after the tour, go free and easy on you own, but remember to check the expiry of the return ticket, or less kekekekeke...

Check with the tour agency on the package offer, whether it's sharing for accomodation etc...., anyway we can do bonking else where, unless you want to work over time...kekekekeke

like I say again, prices vary during certain period of time, school holidays, etc, usually more expensive.

haha, looks like you are an experienced bkk cheongster. so where are situated now, Bangkok or Republic of PAP?

ivan303
13-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Will be going to BKK them Phuket at the end of April. Know of any cheap fares?

siamcomeboy
13-03-2003, 01:12 AM
haha, looks like you are an experienced bkk cheongster. so where are situated now, Bangkok or Republic of PAP?

hahaha... wouldn't give myself the CEO title for nothing.... CEO...Chief Entertainment Officer! hahahaha

Me? I am in PAP land...but travel regularly to Thailand and the rst of the Asia Pacific region...

I am doing Regional Sales for an Electronics MNC.

Cheers, have work have travel, coupled with a bit of bonking ..kekekeke

bollocksman
17-03-2003, 05:50 PM
yo bro!!

PMed u, your PM box is full, can you clear it.
I am not in Sgland at the moment, but would like meet up eithter in SG or BKK, when I am in town. (mid june/july) or maybe seeing all these FRs, I might make my return sooner;-)

Contact me at tklm1976ahotmail.com
cheers!

ParaParaSakura
17-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Hi, does anyone know where to get the cheapest return air tickets to BKK and back? The last time I flown on an airplane was when i was a kid and i have no idea how to get air tickets, the procedure involved blabla. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks cheapest air ticket via Biman.......can go as low as $180 return.........even cheaper travel by courier (downsides, can onli carry hand luggage)

francisch
18-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Been to bkk many time, last time used to take Biman, fly only on monday,tuesday and wed, it's night flight, around 7pm but always delay time, so reach bkk check in about modnight leow.
Lately take TG flight about S$300 inclu tax, morning flight reach bkk at noon, just right for me.
SIA flight is good, sometime they have some online offer can go as low as $350 with tax, but nowadays cant find anymore.
other airline mostly time not good,
either you take biman or TG is value for $

just my ex, I used to go bkk by my ownself, book air ticket, hotel go internet booking. ...
Going to bkk again from 12 to 19 April for their songkan...

Cheers

kurupa
18-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ParaParaSakura
cheapest air ticket via Biman.......can go as low as $180 return.........even cheaper travel by courier (downsides, can onli carry hand luggage)

So the Finnair ticket I got for S$200 is quite good too!

ParaParaSakura
19-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by francisch
Been to bkk many time, last time used to take Biman, fly only on monday,tuesday and wed, it's night flight, around 7pm but always delay time, so reach bkk check in about modnight leow.
Lately take TG flight about S$300 inclu tax, morning flight reach bkk at noon, just right for me.
SIA flight is good, sometime they have some online offer can go as low as $350 with tax, but nowadays cant find anymore.
other airline mostly time not good,
either you take biman or TG is value for $

just my ex, I used to go bkk by my ownself, book air ticket, hotel go internet booking. ...
Going to bkk again from 12 to 19 April for their songkan...

Cheers yes Biman always delay..........once caught a evening flight.....the plane flew to Chiangmai stuck for 7 hrs there then reach BKK next morning!!! (2hrs flight became 12 hrs flight!)......inflight food & entertainment oso an experience! but this was all 15 yrs ago......thought they improve already........use to have Air Nepal flying to BKK cheap too.......now still got or not?

ivan303
19-03-2003, 08:09 AM
If air ticket alone so eapensive, not worth buy ticket alone. Maybe buy free and easy better.

Chokdee88
19-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Swissair got a special fares promotion for $195 and $215 with seats limited to 9. Sales period & travel dates vary and they do accept third party credit card.
Interested, checkout www.swiss.com/singapore and click special offer to book the above fares.

francisch
19-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Biman is not always in time, does not want to waste time and checkin to the hotel in bkk at midnight..
Have twice ex with Biman and dont like to try anymore, some more not really cheep if you count the Tax in..not easy to book the air ticket, unless you booking few months in advance..

Air Nepal still have but never wanna try cos TG to me is good enought, I paid S$300 net to flight there either reach there 12 noon, or 10 pm is just right for me.

As for free and easy, dont forget you have to share the room with other, if not you have to pay double, and I like to have the room to my ownself, does not want to let other see what you do at night :)

And if you have double room, pay double is not cheep those..

book hotel from internet is easy this day, S$50 can have a good double room, if not go to SG base hotel, will only pay 600 baht a night, ofcos not good like Novetel in siam square.

Cheers

pussyman
02-07-2003, 02:36 AM
bro yomun,
garuda ok lah, they have daily flights to bkk departing sin at 1000.
return flight from bkk is at 1210, which i dont like. imagine im have whole nite of fun with my tirak at hotel, then next day gotta wake up damn early to check in, sianzz. but anyway i think the airfare is quite cheap now for garuda.
cheapest is aeroflot, a russian airway i think, never tried b4 but airfare last time was about $180 - $200.
knn i hope valueair will quickly go into operation so can go bkk more often with the cheaper airfares :D can try cathay oso very cheap now bcoz of SARS...

MarkNgSiongBoon
02-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by yomun
Dear 'Frequent Flyers',

I need some advise on travelling by courier. What are your experiences on that and which airline would you recommend? The best pricing around? I only carry hand luggage so it seems feasible for me.

Also what are your experiences with Garuda Indonesia? I don't need super attentive aircrew as I sleep on board most of the time. So level of service is not important to me. What's important for me is the price, safety record and minor/no delays of flight schedules. Thanks. courier only by SIA, TG and Qantas(no more). Flights everyday except Saturdays, All morning flights(1st flight). Not advisable for savings now is little as tickets now dirt cheap as compared to a decade or so ago. Too much trouble too, must be at airport before 7am, only hand luggage and still have a big envelope full of chits for you to carry onboard. Reach BKK still got more delay as they process courier company's documents and photocopy your passport, alot of hassle. RTU is slightly better and can have luggage but cannot change date and time of return flight. Last time a morning flight Y ticket cost about S$450 and courier company rate was S$150 (lower for regulars). At one point even tour agents (Airtropolis at Fook Hai was one) got into the act and charge up to S$250!!! Also only one ticket per day per airline per company so not quite possible even for 2 friends to fly together. Usually they (courier companies) have their lists of regulars (mostly taxi- drivers) who can leave at moments notice. Sometimes they pay you a token sum if you can take up last minute flights when even their own staff is unable to make it. (1 day or 2 days turnaround). Fly courier to further places more worth your while for places like BKK, not worth the hassle. Just mu 2 cents.
Garuda now is one of cheapest that flies to BKK (S$160 not inclusive) not tried them yet. But now Cathay Pac also having promo (S$175 not inclusive) worth a try, all female cabin crew ala Silkair. Indian Airlines and Finair also budget kind. Don't be put off by Air India, not as bad as it sounds i've been told. Also only 2 hours flight, not much of a difference if you ask me. rather save the money to bonk!!!

scooby
02-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Price for Garuda (S$185 excl tax). Cathay Pacific (S$210 excl tax). Pricing has increased a little since April. I was flying CX (S$199 incl tax) in May and (S$221 incl tax) in June. Now CX is (S$241 incl tax). Damn!

Yomun,

Planning another trip there eh??? So soon kekeke

Wah lah.. cannot get back to work man... hang over from KC trap !!!

kekeke

Scooby

CumKing
02-07-2003, 12:52 PM

There was an SQ promotion in the month of June in BKK....price after tax came up to B5,454 for return Bkk-Sing-Bkk.

Due to heavy demand, the price has inched up to B5,625 as of 01 July. Same as Cathay but the choice is clear of course.....

I LOVE SQ ( at B5625 that is)!!!

CK

MarkNgSiongBoon
02-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Price for Garuda (S$185 excl tax). Cathay Pacific (S$210 excl tax). Pricing has increased a little since April. I was flying CX (S$199 incl tax) in May and (S$221 incl tax) in June. Now CX is (S$241 incl tax). Damn! current prices taxes and all in CX S$215, Garuda S$205. Vacation Point at Selegie. Air India last week my kaki got at priceline for S$160.(also all in incluing delivery)

tirak69
08-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by CumKing
There was an SQ promotion in the month of June in BKK....price after tax came up to B5,454 for return Bkk-Sing-Bkk.

Due to heavy demand, the price has inched up to B5,625 as of 01 July. Same as Cathay but the choice is clear of course.....

I LOVE SQ ( at B5625 that is)!!!

CK

was told the most economical way is to buy a one way to BKK and buy a return 1 year ticket from there. cheapest is scandanavian air but problem is only 1 flight per day and it lands at an unearthly hour in singapore.

u can check it out.

MarkNgSiongBoon
08-07-2003, 02:36 AM
Your info is outdated. CX and Garuda are more expensive by $20-$40 as of now. no joke? i depart on 27th June. ticket was booked about 2 days earlier. so much difference already? the agency still advertising the same rates today, and unless their taxes and extras increase, prices should be same same.

MarkNgSiongBoon
08-07-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by tirak69
was told the most economical way is to buy a one way to BKK and buy a return 1 year ticket from there. cheapest is scandanavian air but problem is only 1 flight per day and it lands at an unearthly hour in singapore.

u can check it out. for non open tickets (14 days), TG Y class as far as i know one way only cheaper by only about 20 bucks from return.

pussyman
09-07-2003, 04:32 AM
any kind soul can tell me where is vacation point exactly at selegie? or tel no ? i search thru but found their address at tg pagar instead.

pussyman
10-07-2003, 04:00 AM
Your PM mailbox is full. Please clear it.

all cleared, own time own target :D

free
14-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Bros,

For those looking for a good 4-star business class hotel in BKK, there is a promo on at Novotel Hotel on Siam Square. I just booked a 3 night stay for only $228 (1800 baht per night). The last time I was then in June, I got a Thai friend to book for me and it cost 2000 (for local rate), so this is even better. The internet promotion that I booked (now will cancel cos no penalty) was 2783Baht per night. Room is good, plus have broadband internet acess as well. Room rates same for single or double occupancy.

For air tickets I found Cathay Pacific for SIN-BKK-SIN at $230 (+ $35 for tax). Cheapest if just going to BKK. I finally booked SIN-BKK, BKK-CEI-BKK and BKK-SIN by ThaiAir for only $461 (inclusive of taxes).

BTW, I used GR Travel, cos they were very helpful.

free
14-07-2003, 12:59 PM
FYI Novotel Hotel Siam Square is not girl friendly. Can pop by CM2 disco just downstairs for TG and Russian FLs. Hehe.

For CX don't pay more than S$236 for SIN-BKK-SIN (Tax Included).

What if I have a legitimate female guest to spend the 3 whole days/nights with me. Do I need to register her name as well? No problem if that is needed. We can't check in together cos I arrive in BKK hours before she does, so I check in first, then I go pick her from the airport later. Any advice?

bollocksman
14-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by free
What if I have a legitimate female guest to spend the 3 whole days/nights with me. Do I need to register her name as well? No problem if that is needed. We can't check in together cos I arrive in BKK hours before she does, so I check in first, then I go pick her from the airport later. Any advice?

heres the deal, ask your female guest, for her ID card no/passport no and her real name. when you check in, include her name in. register 2 guests in. HOpe that helps!!

if they give you trouble later, screw the security guys,tell them to check the register ( theres 2 guests for your room).

Anyway i dont much much expreiences , for gal unfriendly hotel. As I have always stayed in gal frendly hotels or Svc apartments, where no questions asked.:)

free
14-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by bollocksman
heres the deal, ask your female guest, for her ID card no/passport no and her real name. when you check in, include her name in. register 2 guests in. HOpe that helps!!

if they give you trouble later, screw the security guys,tell them to check the register ( theres 2 guests for your room).

Anyway i dont much much expreiences , for gal unfriendly hotel. As I have always stayed in gal frendly hotels or Svc apartments, where no questions asked.:)

Thanks. Will do that. We are on holiday in BKK and I dun want any stupid security guards to spoil our trip, just because she is a Thai? Since she isn't even living in BKK, she is a tourist (just like me) as far as I am concerned.

Freestyler69
14-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks. Will do that. We are on holiday in BKK and I dun want any stupid security guards to spoil our trip, just because she is a Thai? Since she isn't even living in BKK, she is a tourist (just like me) as far as I am concerned.

just book a double room and no one can charge u ajoiner fee.

Freestyler69
14-07-2003, 02:10 PM

just book a double room and no one can charge u ajoiner fee.

Sinoview
14-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Bros,

For those looking for a good 4-star business class hotel in BKK, there is a promo on at Novotel Hotel on Siam Square. I just booked a 3 night stay for only $228 (1800 baht per night). The last time I was then in June, I got a Thai friend to book for me and it cost 2000 (for local rate), so this is even better. The internet promotion that I booked (now will cancel cos no penalty) was 2783Baht per night. Room is good, plus have broadband internet acess as well. Room rates same for single or double occupancy.

For air tickets I found Cathay Pacific for SIN-BKK-SIN at $230 (+ $35 for tax). Cheapest if just going to BKK. I finally booked SIN-BKK, BKK-CEI-BKK and BKK-SIN by ThaiAir for only $461 (inclusive of taxes).

BTW, I used GR Travel, cos they were very helpful.

Where is CEI ????

I paid S$545 for SIN-BKK-Shanghai-BKK- SIN . Allow one stop-over in BKK either way possible.

free
14-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sinoview
Where is CEI ????

I paid S$545 for SIN-BKK-Shanghai-BKK- SIN . Allow one stop-over in BKK either way possible.
CEI means ChiangRai Airport

siamcutey
15-07-2003, 01:14 AM

As far as the security is concerned, she is a THAI.
There are so many incidents where the thai girls make away with the guys' belongings and money while they are asleep.

When such ugly incidents happen, the tourist will always point the finger at the hotel security and to make matters worse, do you know that a tourist can actually sue a hotel if things from his room were lost due to breakins and inadequate security provided by the hotel?

The security will not spoil your trip. They will be more than happy if you will make their job easier.

SC

free
15-07-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by siamcutey
As far as the security is concerned, she is a THAI.
There are so many incidents where the thai girls make away with the guys' belongings and money while they are asleep.

When such ugly incidents happen, the tourist will always point the finger at the hotel security and to make matters worse, do you know that a tourist can actually sue a hotel if things from his room were lost due to breakins and inadequate security provided by the hotel?

The security will not spoil your trip. They will be more than happy if you will make their job easier.

SC
Thanks, in this case, I will check in using both names - hers & mine. Anyway, our room rate is for a double room as well (same rate as single room).

pussyman
15-07-2003, 03:12 AM
got mine air tix:
Garuda >> sin-bkk-sin >> $259 inc tax >> $Zuji.com
delivered to home on next day.

siamcutey
15-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by pussyman
got mine air tix:

hahaha, get ready to eat the chicken satay lunch if I don't remember wrongly. Not a bad flight actually except that flight is small. No bad complains of this flight.

hahaha
SC

thaiboy
15-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pussyman
got mine air tix:

Wow S$259 inc tax!!!! expensive ler....better take TG S$260 inc tax.......

thaiboy
15-07-2003, 04:54 PM
I heard SQ!!!!!! Bkk-Sin-Bkk !!!!!!!!!! Price is 5200 inclu all Tax...pay extra 100 bhat sent to your door step....total pay 5300bhat....hehehehehehehe

MarkNgSiongBoon
15-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Did you read my previous post?

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=269704#post269704

Garuda is only S$206 (Incl. Tax). Zuji's pricing sucks and not competitive. if not leaving last mintue can try priceline, can get good rates....my kaki got air india for only S$160 all inclusive, also delivery to doorstep.

CumKing
15-07-2003, 09:57 PM
CX is $236 incl. tax.

For CX, do they still serve 2 miserable pieces of non fresh, non soft bread which they pass off as a meal?

Like eating 3 day old bread,

CK

MarkNgSiongBoon
15-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Yes status quo remains. Haha! Also with a piece of cake, pieces of fruits and sometimes ice cream. no cutery for passengers, CX afraid they might use it to hijack plane, in place you get a plastic toothpick, but must say the mango ice-cream is yummy...

CumKing
16-07-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by MarkNgSiongBoon
no cutery for passengers, CX afraid they might use it to hijack plane, in place you get a plastic toothpick, but must say the mango ice-cream is yummy...

LOL

But then again..u can inflict serious head injury to anyone with those 2 pieces of 3D old bread....kekeke

I LOVE DOUGH,

CK

CumKing
16-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Haha true true. I forgot what flavour was the ice cream until you mentioned it. The ice cream was as hard as a rock. Had to wait for 10 minutes for it to soften a bit. Nonetheless tastes good.

Huh? Got Rock Ice Cream meh? I wasn't served any.

I asked for coke & they said only coffee was available. Can u beat that?!

CX gets the aXe !!

CK

thaiboy
16-07-2003, 01:06 PM
I still prefer SK with good food and wine(bottle). SK192 and SK193 all brand new and can play game right in front of your seat like SQ. Price is S$270 inclu tax

bollocksman
16-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Just gonna book my trip to the UK on 12 months open return ticket.

Foound out that TG has a very good deal, Routing Via BKK

it goes like this : SIN-BKK, BKK-LHR, LHR-BKK,BKK-sin

stopover, and re routing is permitted ( which means I can sneak in a few days of SANUK in BKK) before proceeding to Old Blighty.
Great deal it cost S$400 less than SQ's . gonna take the S$400 saved for a couple of good MP sessions at Mirage,Emmaneulle , Utopia and poesidon. hahaha

siamcutey
16-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I still prefer SK with good food and wine(bottle). SK192 and SK193 all brand new and can play game right in front of your seat like SQ. Price is S$270 inclu tax

I support SQ cos I only pay 5300baht and delivered right to my doorstep. Bookings all done through phone.

Good food, games and those connecting flights from Osaka has good Japanese Airline Stewardesses.

hahaha
SC

thaiboy
16-07-2003, 01:22 PM
I support SQ cos I only pay 5300baht and delivered right to my doorstep. Bookings all done through phone.

Good food, games and those connecting flights from Osaka has good Japanese Airline Stewardesses.

hahaha
SC

kekeke you knn..i am talking abt from sin bkk sin.... not bkk sin bkk....

i also know 5300bhat inclu tax sent right to our door step.....not even have to place any deposit...all through the button.

siamcutey
16-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bollocksman
Just gonna book my trip to the UK on 12 months open return ticket.

Foound out that TG has a very good deal, Routing Via BKK

it goes like this : SIN-BKK, BKK-LHR, LHR-BKK,BKK-sin

stopover, and re routing is permitted ( which means I can sneak in a few days of SANUK in BKK) before proceeding to Old Blighty.
Great deal it cost S$400 less than SQ's . gonna take the S$400 saved for a couple of good MP sessions at Mirage,Emmaneulle , Utopia and poesidon. hahaha

Your few days is going to be a lot of days.

hahaha
SC

bollocksman
16-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Your few days is going to be a lot of days.

hahaha
SC

Enough for me to have a LAST BAngkok blast!!, after that I shall be"vegetarian" for 7/8 months at least.

Enough days for Emmaneulle, poesidon, Mirage, Utopia , and of course our plimgrimage to C*** 20:D

anyway FYI, its only S$1600 for 12 months return tickets via TG.

cheap!

ENTS
27-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Received email from ZUJI.
Now Fly Singapore to BKK in Garuda Indonesia
only $165.
Check out the promotion at:

ZUJI Promotion (http://zuji.com.sg/zuji/deals/DealDetailPage/1,1654,ZUJISG|16780|Country,00.html)

:D

Sinoview
28-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pat88
KNN $165 still not count the extras leh........ZUJI no good.........cheat pple one.........

What are the "extras" that ZUJI charge make you felt cheated ???

The normal tour agents charges S$30 service charge for the airticket and S$39 for insurance and airport tax for S'pore thus total of S$69. The airport tax of B500 to be paid when departing bangkok is not included hoh.......

Morever, normally we have to pay cash and self collect unless you know the TA well enough. Whereas Zuji payment is on Credit card and free delivery to your door step.

I missed out something ???

MarkNgSiongBoon
28-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ENTS
Received email from ZUJI.
Now Fly Singapore to BKK in Garuda Indonesia
only $165.
Check out the promotion at:

ZUJI Promotion (http://zuji.com.sg/zuji/deals/DealDetailPage/1,1654,ZUJISG|16780|Country,00.html)

:D what's the final price? (all inclusive) Just flew on GA for S$215....IMHO cheapest (not counting priceline)

thaiboy
01-08-2003, 02:46 PM
GA S$204 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

CX S$242 (Incl. Tax)
This offer ended 3pm 31/07/03. Awaiting CX to release latest info. Let me know if you guys have the new pricing.

Took GA once at S$206 (Incl. Tax). Departure and Return flight was delayed around 15min. They board passengers only 10min before flight! When the plane landed the interior of the plane was shaking furiously that I thought it's going to break into pieces. Hehehe. Maybe this will be my first and last flight on GA.

Heard from my favourite travel agent sales guy that some customers feedback that there're delays of up to 1 hour before. Another case was some engine problem. Take note that an airplane can still function with one engine down. Sometimes I take risks but not all the time.

After the SARS scare air ticket prices have gradually risen. Now it's the low season in BKK. Don't be a cheap charlie. Pay a bit more and fly to BKK now. 2 hours flight compared to 24 hours by coach.

Regards,
Unofficial BKK (Ratchada/Rama 9/Sukhumvit) Tourism board member

Bro heard from my friend that GA plane bottom all rusty.!!! knn dun know true or not....better pay abit more for better flight..

thaiboy
01-08-2003, 03:07 PM
I think I know who you heard this from. Hehe. :D

kekekek you know i know...hahahahahah we 2 know....sibey sian where to chiong in sg when i back .......to GL lagi sian...to batam dun know how to go......

TheUnforgiven
06-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Siao liao think must travel by courier in the future. Air tickets getting back to normal prices. Worse come to worse have to longbang Thaiboy's freight plane liao. :(

Fuck the airlines. Take bus like I did the last trip:

$60 + 890baht + 830baht + 550baht = SGD$156.

Save the extra 500baht on airport tax some more. On the way from Hatyai to Bangkok still got meals provided. What more can you ask for?

siamcutey
07-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Fuck the airlines. Take bus like I did the last trip:

$60 + 890baht + 830baht + 550baht = SGD$156.

Save the extra 500baht on airport tax some more. On the way from Hatyai to Bangkok still got meals provided. What more can you ask for?

I can ask for 26 hours???

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
07-08-2003, 08:29 AM
I can ask for 26 hours???

hahaha
SC

Oops sorry, should be to and fro 52 hours.

hahaha
SC

TheUnforgiven
07-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Oops sorry, should be to and fro 52 hours.

hahaha
SC

i'm saying one meal provided from Bangkok to Hatyai and vice versa. Got some snacks as well. You can eat for 25 hours? siao

siamcutey
08-08-2003, 01:21 AM
i'm saying one meal provided from Bangkok to Hatyai and vice versa. Got some snacks as well. You can eat for 25 hours? siao

I mean the time spent on travelling. siao

hahaha
SC

Sinoview
08-08-2003, 11:47 AM
I mean the time spent on travelling. siao

hahaha
SC

It's only good for people who have plenty of time to burn and do not mind the tedious journey, like those in-between jobs, retrenched, retired, housemen etc......

For the normal working and business people .....time means money. Pressing a few buttons on a calculator will show it's not worth to go by road......

Sinoview
08-08-2003, 11:51 AM

Cost saving yes....But it's not for everyone.

It's only good for people who got plenty of time to burn and do not mind the tedious journey, like those in-between jobs, retrenched, retired, housemen etc......

For the normal working and business people .....time means money. Pressing a few buttons on a calculator will show it's not worth the while to go by road......

siamcutey
09-08-2003, 01:03 AM
It's only good for people who have plenty of time to burn and do not mind the tedious journey, like those in-between jobs, retrenched, retired, housemen etc......

For the normal working and business people .....time means money. Pressing a few buttons on a calculator will show it's not worth to go by road......

Air tickets are slowly returning to normal.

SQ back to 6800baht

hahaha
SC

thaiboy
09-08-2003, 01:06 AM
yeah SQ back to normal price.....now the cheapest take TG liao..6000bhat.......

CumKing
09-08-2003, 01:28 AM

Yr B6000 is one way or return ? Inclusive of all the miscellaneous minus dept tax B500 BKK side ?

Any idea how much for one way by TG ( Bkk - Sgp )?

Checking,

CK

siamcutey
09-08-2003, 01:35 AM

maybe still have Air bangla or Air India?????

:D
hahaha
SC

thaiboy
09-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Yr B6000 is one way or return ? Inclusive of all the miscellaneous minus dept tax B500 BKK side ?

Any idea how much for one way by TG ( Bkk - Sgp )?

Checking,

CK

Return la......all tax inclusive........6000bhat hahahahaha

CumKing
09-08-2003, 01:45 AM
Return la......all tax inclusive........6000bhat hahahahaha

Just checking. I got mine at B5,800 2 Way all tax inclusive, send to home.

Any idea how much for one way?

I think now 2 way from S'pore side could possibly be cheaper.

Still checking,

CK

thaiboy
09-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Just checking. I got mine at B5,800 2 Way all tax inclusive, send to home.

Any idea how much for one way?

I think now 2 way from S'pore side could possibly be cheaper.

Still checking,

CK

singapore two way inclusive tax all in S$280.....one way dun know never buy before.........take india airline one way from sg inclusive tax S$150 kekekekeke or better still take GA S$204 return tax all in

CumKing
09-08-2003, 02:01 AM
singapore two way inclusive tax all in S$280.....one way dun know never buy before.........take india airline one way from sg inclusive tax S$150 kekekekeke or better still take GA S$204 return tax all in

Actually, now the price difference not as great as in the past.

E.g. Thai Airways buy from BKK, 2 way to sgp - B5,800 + B500 dept tax = B 6,300 divide by 23.58 = abt S$267.

Maybe other airlines from sgp side may offer better rates for 2 way. CX from BKK side same as TG but of course more will choose TG. But CX 2 way from Sgp side could be much lower.

Just my 2 bahts' worth,

CK

thaiboy
09-08-2003, 02:04 AM
Actually, now the price difference not as great as in the past.

E.g. Thai Airways buy from BKK, 2 way to sgp - B5,800 + B500 dept tax = B 6,300 divide by 23.58 = abt S$267.

Maybe other airlines from sgp side may offer better rates for 2 way. CX from BKK side same as TG but of course more will choose TG. But CX 2 way from Sgp side could be much lower.

Just my 2 bahts' worth,

CK

If you think you are staying bkk over 2 week then is better to buy one way from sg. Take india airline lor.....S$150 all tax in...good catch.

CumKing
09-08-2003, 02:07 AM

Any cheaper than air india? Kekekekeke......

And pls don't tell me go the Unforgiven way....hahahaha

I want my journey to be still 2 hrs...hehehe

Thanks,

CK

thaiboy
09-08-2003, 02:14 AM

Thanks,

CK

knn kekekeke you damm toro....S$150 already so cheap you still want cheaper......let me buy a plane then you ride free lor

CumKing
09-08-2003, 02:27 AM
knn kekekeke you damm toro....S$150 already so cheap you still want cheaper......let me buy a plane then you ride free lor

Ok...I want for u to buy plane...kekekeke

Hurm Jeng Pai Still,

CK

MarkNgSiongBoon
26-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have contacts of Singapore courier agents/brokers? Please email me. Thank you. bro, now i think they contract out to travel agents instead unless you are old regulars.One of them is Airtropolis at Fook Hai (wonder if fold up or not still). Last time they even used to advertise in classifieds. Now this lobang is strinking too (bad times).Last time is go direct to their offices at the cargo building in Changi. Now not so much worth the hassle, if you keep a lookout for cheap tickets promos. Cheers!

AV Hunter
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
I made a price check today for airline ticket to Singapore-Bangkok-Singapore.As some bros here recommen Muhibah Travel in previous post,i did a price comparision between them and New Shan Travel.All prices are inclusive of airport tax which is SGD 39 for round trip and SGD 30 for one way trip.I will start with Garuda airline first,30 days round trip cost SGD 302(New Shan);SGD 289(Muhibah).For one year open round trip ticket with Garuda,SGD 478(New Shan);SGD 449(Muhibah).Muhibah is cheaper by SGD 13 & SGD 29 respectively. For the cheapest one year open round trip ticket,i think it will be INDIAN AIR(IC is the airline code) which Muhibah price at SGD 299 and SGD 145 for a one way trip.Please take note that INDIAN AIR and AIR INDIA are two different airline.And most importantly AIR INDIA don"t have any flight to Bangkok from Singapore.For 14 days,there is Thai Airway priced at SGD 289 which i think is a good deal for people who stay less than 2 weeks.If you guys have any info for cheaper price on any airline ticket to Bangkok through any travel agent,please kindly post it over here or email me.By the way if i go to priceline to make a request,do you guys think i will have the chance to get a cheaper price for INDIAN AIR?Thanks in advance!

MarkNgSiongBoon
09-09-2003, 08:20 PM
My own experiences with open tickets (one-year) is that it is usually cheaper to buy 14 days then go and extend in BKK....$$$$$ping up is usually cheaper.......my experience only extends to TG and SQ.
Sidetracking......New Shan travel got one veri jude chiobu named MeiLing. Check her out!

kanasai
09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
SARS coming back,and the ticket should be cheap within this few weeks....

TheUnforgiven
09-09-2003, 10:42 PM

Thanks,

CK

I normally stay in BKK for more than the allowed 14 days for those tickets. The cheapest alternative for me is a 3 months (if i'm not wrong) $430 ticket by Swiss International.

Considering my preference of transportation costs $160 2 way, and that you have to pay another $20 (500 baht) for bkk airport tax, I save a total of $450-$160= $290 by just enduring two 24 hours journey two ways.

If you consider the fact that I travel at night and I sleep about 12 hours both way, you will realise that I save $290/24=$12 per hour. This is similar to how much a person with a $2400 per month salary earns.

And did you ever considering subtracting the 4 hours journey from the total 48 hours? That makes 44 hours which means $290/(44-24)=$14.50 saved per hour. This is similar to how much a person with a $2900 per month salary earns.

Did I also mention the reccomended 2hr before check in at the airport? Nah, I think I have made my point. Therefore I do not find anything amusing about my preferred mode of travel. :rolleyes:

And don't ask me to take Biman Bangladesh, I don't like the idea of taking that kind of airline.

Simple Math,
TheUnforgiven

TheUnforgiven
09-09-2003, 11:04 PM

Just for the record, I am not in-between jobs, retrenched, retired, housemen etc. I just find my method more economical. I have to agree that it is for people who have time though.

When I went to BKK for less than 14 days, I managed to source out a $180 ticket via Finnair including taxes. As for whether it's worth the time taking a bus, please refer to my calculations above. It all depends on the situation.

Regards

TheUnforgiven
09-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Misa Travel now offering $197 for a 7 day return ticket by Garuda excluding taxes. Last I heard from yomun about zuji, they were offering $198 but I'm not sure about whether the taxes are in.

MarkNgSiongBoon
10-09-2003, 12:52 AM
I normally stay in BKK for more than the allowed 14 days for those tickets. The cheapest alternative for me is a 3 months (if i'm not wrong) $430 ticket by Swiss International.

Considering my preference of transportation costs $160 2 way, and that you have to pay another $20 (500 baht) for bkk airport tax, I save a total of $450-$160= $290 by just enduring two 24 hours journey two ways.

If you consider the fact that I travel at night and I sleep about 12 hours both way, you will realise that I save $290/24=$12 per hour. This is similar to how much a person with a $2400 per month salary earns.

And did you ever considering subtracting the 4 hours journey from the total 48 hours? That makes 44 hours which means $290/(44-24)=$14.50 saved per hour. This is similar to how much a person with a $2900 per month salary earns.

Did I also mention the reccomended 2hr before check in at the airport? Nah, I think I have made my point. Therefore I do not find anything amusing about my preferred mode of travel. :rolleyes:

And don't ask me to take Biman Bangladesh, I don't like the idea of taking that kind of airline.

Simple Math,
TheUnforgiven Guess you like to take the 'road less travelled'.....taking a road trip has its pros and cons....if you have the time why not? I have gone all the way up to Bkk from Singapore by rail......a good way to explore thailand........

tirak69
02-10-2003, 12:08 AM
GA S$259 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

CX S$283 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

Swiss S$266 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI
-Departure at 21:35 on Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed only.

Regards,
Unofficial BKK (Ratchada/Rama 9/Sukhumvit)
Tourism board member

think they will appoint you ambassador of ratchada. hahaha...

must be well versed at the 'nao ' song by now... time to break hearts!:D

thaiboy
02-10-2003, 12:59 AM
GA S$259 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

CX S$283 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

Swiss S$266 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI
-Departure at 21:35 on Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed only.

Regards,
Unofficial BKK (Ratchada/Rama 9/Sukhumvit)
Tourism board member

Finair.....S$220 (incl. tax)

suckerll
02-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Finair.....S$220 (incl. tax) does it fly daily?

thaiboy
02-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by suckerll
does it fly daily?

4 times a week, kekeke good enough....

MrDevil
09-10-2003, 03:34 AM

Simple Math,
TheUnforgiven

Bro Unforgiven,

Did you consider this route?

AirAsia Flight - JB > KL (RM19.99) ,
AirAsia Flight - KL > Alor Setar (RM29.99)
Coach - Alor Setar > Hdy (18 baht for 90 mins journey)
Hdy > Bkk ( you can go by coach or inbound flight ) Not sure the price here liao since i am not BKK cheongster.

Does this work out better and cheaper? Just my curiousity... :confused:

cheongkid
09-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Swiss now got special promotion. SIN-BKK-SIN S$195 (add S$39 for SIN airport tax). Daily flights. Offer price valid for internet bookings only.

SWISS (http://www.swiss.com/web/IE5/tg-to-so-sg-bangkok-saver?)

thaiboy
09-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by cheongkid
Swiss now got special promotion. SIN-BKK-SIN S$195 (excl. taxes).

SWISS (http://www.swiss.com/web/IE5/tg-to-so-sg-bangkok-saver?)

Pls quote with inclu tax for easy reference, thank you bro cheong kid.

thaiboy
09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Swiss S$234 (Incl. Tax)

bro like tat take finair better......tax inclu S$220

vaxvms
09-10-2003, 03:14 PM
bro like tat take finair better......tax inclu S$220

any recommended tour agency to book FINAIR?
thks

tirak69
28-10-2003, 01:46 AM
GA S$225 (Incl. Tax)
TG S$238 (Incl. Tax)

Nothing constructive to say. Just shut the fuck up.

u mean the price for TG drop liao... friend of mine juz paid SGD270 before tax recently. how long will this price last?

khun yomun... jai yen yen... :cool:

siamcutey
28-10-2003, 02:05 AM
u mean the price for TG drop liao... friend of mine juz paid SGD270 before tax recently. how long will this price last?

khun yomun... jai yen yen... :cool:

Cheapest TG tickets in Singapore Comes from Kwang Chow In GM. Can they match the price or does the price comes from there?

$238???

SC

GiddlyGook
28-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Yomun's right - available from zuji.com. Limited availability. Nov 28-Dec 10.

Better act fast - I suspect this is a special fare class and will sell out quickly. Those of you that travel a lot or are in the travel industry will know about fare classes - ignore the ramble below

Airlines make available their inventory in what they call "fare classes" - you know, the funny letters in your ticket e.g. Y, B, M, V etc. Special and even discount fares have limited availability assigned to them and once they sell out, you cannot buy a ticket even though the plane may not be full. You go into a waitlist and those might clear as late as 24-48 hours before the flight (not at all if the flight is overbooked) - hardly convenient for those that must travel on a set schedule.

Airelines quote fare classes usually in groups of 4. For economy/coach e.g. Y4 M4 H2 W0. This means "W" is sold out but you can tell the plane is not yet full because there is wide availability in "Y" i.e. the full-fare class. You just may not be able to get a discount price but if the situation holds out till 24 hours before the flt, the waitlists are then used. You won't have any luck though if the waitlist is deep and there are a lot of pax ahead of you or have status (frequent flyer) higher than you.

siamcutey
29-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by GiddlyGook
Yomun's right - available from zuji.com. Limited availability. Nov 28-Dec 10.

Better act fast - I suspect this is a special fare class and will sell out quickly. Those of you that travel a lot or are in the travel industry will know about fare classes - ignore the ramble below

Airlines make available their inventory in what they call "fare classes" - you know, the funny letters in your ticket e.g. Y, B, M, V etc. Special and even discount fares have limited availability assigned to them and once they sell out, you cannot buy a ticket even though the plane may not be full. You go into a waitlist and those might clear as late as 24-48 hours before the flight (not at all if the flight is overbooked) - hardly convenient for those that must travel on a set schedule.

Airelines quote fare classes usually in groups of 4. For economy/coach e.g. Y4 M4 H2 W0. This means "W" is sold out but you can tell the plane is not yet full because there is wide availability in "Y" i.e. the full-fare class. You just may not be able to get a discount price but if the situation holds out till 24 hours before the flt, the waitlists are then used. You won't have any luck though if the waitlist is deep and there are a lot of pax ahead of you or have status (frequent flyer) higher than you.

Now is the peak season till start of next year. But hopefully it will be temporary rather than permanent.

SC

tirak69
31-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Just within days the TG promo air tickets are all sold out!

sianzzz man... dates around the hari raya all full... no chance liao. maybe plan for x'mas. now paying $270 (before tax) and still on waiting list. :(

square
03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
I happen to book Biman Air for the Hari Raya period. Don't mean to educate some of u guys but this is my rationale. The reliability of the airline doesn't depend on the brand, be it SQ, TG, SwissAir, etc. The reliability really depends on the the maintenance contract and the airport the plane departs from. If you look at statistics, the 'branded' airlines are having their fare share of accidents, if not higher rate! And as far as I know, brands like Air India or Biman have totally clean sheets.

I encourage brudders who wish to exploit the hari raya holidays to consider Biman Airlines.

btw, any brudders in BKK from 22nov to 29nov? Really wish to link up with someone for the good time.

tanmikel
11-11-2003, 09:15 AM
GA S$217 (Incl. Tax) ZUJI

Limited dates. That's why so cheap. Only for those flying off on 11th or 13th and returning on 14th, 15th or 19th. Act quick!

it's quite difficult to get from 21 nov onwards , too bad , peak/holiday season .

free
27-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Krisflyer can arrange other Star Alliance tickets for you.

There is a nice 2-in-1 promo going on for those interested to fly to ChiangRai on 1st week Jan 2004 by redeeming their Krisflyer points. I think it may just apply to Star Alliance points as well

I managed to get tickets from SIN/BKK (SIA), stopover for a night to visit a pub (can be more if u want) and then BKK/CEI (ThaiAir). Then back to BKK via CEI/BKK (Thai Air) and then BKK/SIN (SIA).

My hours are funny only because I need to be in CEI for the 12noon arrival for some compelling reasons. Else can actually catch the other flights available.

All for just 25,000 points which is the same as the trip I took last week from SIN/BKK/SIN. According to ThaiAir the BKK/CEI/BKK trip is supposed to cost me 15,000 points.

Good deal to me. Interested book now, cos seats are going fast. TG already no more seats for SIN/BKK for the date I wanted.

merfolk
28-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Hi! I am thinking of going to ChangRai myself. Where can I find more info about this wonderful deal? Thanks in advance.

phenom
28-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Krisflyer is a sham and a ripoff.
My United Mileage Plus is of far better value. 20,000 pts gets me to Beijing, with a stopover of up to one month in Tokyo allowed on my choice of onward or return flight. My redemption of tickets can be in anybody's name and my points will never expire so long as my card is activated at least once in 3 years; be it redemption, flying on a Star Alliance airline or patronising one of a slew of other participating outlets which include hotels, car rentals.

free
28-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by phenom
My United Mileage Plus is of far better value. 20,000 pts gets me to Beijing, with a stopover of up to one month in Tokyo allowed on my choice of onward or return flight. My redemption of tickets can be in anybody's name and my points will never expire so long as my card is activated at least once in 3 years; be it redemption, flying on a Star Alliance airline or patronising one of a slew of other participating outlets which include hotels, car rentals.
Understand where u are coming from. KrisFlyer is expensive. I missed my Gold a few times by just a month and they are rather inflexible. Wanted to switch to Star Alliance at one point. However if this kind of deals continue, I am happy enough. No interest to go anywhere else, mah. Using my Krisflyer pts for going to CR is all I am interested in for the next 2 years.

I know the United points are good (I got that and World perks from North West too) but at this point of time, no USA planes for me :(. Call me kiasu if you want. Further most of my Biz travels are on Star Alliance airlines. So it works for me.

free
28-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by merfolk
Hi! I am thinking of going to ChangRai myself. Where can I find more info about this wonderful deal? Thanks in advance.

Are u a Krisflyer or StarAlliance member? If so, can call SQ at 62238888. Not sure of the Krisflyer ppl will help if you are not Krisflyer. Else can try going to TG office.

Warning - peak period. Took me almost 10 hrs of on/off trying to get thru. But I got rewared.

tanmikel
28-11-2003, 09:52 AM

would Asia Miles be better or United Mileage

free
28-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by tanmikel
would Asia Miles be better or United Mileage
I think the best is to join Star Alliance. Many airlines are members of Star Alliance.

ahyong
18-12-2003, 09:02 PM
hi to all brothers, may i know where can i buy a return air tickets from bangkok to singapore, and how much is it? juz the return 1. thanks in advance.

freeonli
19-12-2003, 08:55 PM
hi there,

theres this website selling from BKK to SIN tickets...
never try before just made some enquiry thru email..
let me know if it works...

http://www.saveflights.com/country/singapore.html

horni
22-12-2003, 08:18 AM
hi,

i'm going to bkk from sin after new year and return b4 cny.

went to several sites, zuji, priceline and etc.

lowest price saw was 292 incl tax. it's swiss air

would like to know whether is this a good buy?

one tour agency quoted me 305 for tg.

thanx in advance for any comments / advices

keet
22-12-2003, 09:21 AM
for that small difference better to take TG cos of the flight freqencies and flexibilities..in case need to extend stay etc etc ;)

keet
22-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ahyong
hi to all brothers, may i know where can i buy a return air tickets from bangkok to singapore, and how much is it? juz the return 1. thanks in advance.

can go any Travel agents along Sukhumvit road (Nana area)
One Way depending on which airline and price abt B4500 up.

best would be to buy a 2way return Bkk-Sin-Bkk so u always end up in Bkk and having to buy the next round trip :D

a 1year rtn Bkk-Sin-Bkk from SK(Scandinavian) cost B7500 nia! ;)

tanmikel
22-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by horni
hi,

see lowest price no use , must see the availability . tried to get cheapest advertised $185 Finnair last month i think , fully booked

siamcutey
24-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by keet
can go any Travel agents along Sukhumvit road (Nana area)
One Way depending on which airline and price abt B4500 up.

best would be to buy a 2way return Bkk-Sin-Bkk so u always end up in Bkk and having to buy the next round trip :D

a 1year rtn Bkk-Sin-Bkk from SK(Scandinavian) cost B7500 nia! ;)

This festive season is finally going to come to an end. Tickets will be available soonnnnnnn......

hahaha
SC

TheUnforgiven
25-12-2003, 01:35 AM
This festive season is finally going to come to an end. Tickets will be available soonnnnnnn......

hahaha
SC

didn't i give you the phone number for TK?

tirak69
29-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Nin nabey this Tirak69 damn resourceful. Inside boarding area of Don Muang also can find good 'stuff' to buy. 555! :D
555... must know where to sniff out good deals. afterall i spend so much time in don muang recently... :D
at least now we know where to go for back issues and a quiet place to chill out...

GiddlyGook
30-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Sorry I'm being thick but I did a search and couldn't find anything: what's the good deal to be had at Don Muang? I seem to be there a lot too.

555... must know where to sniff out good deals. afterall i spend so much time in don muang recently... :D
at least now we know where to go for back issues and a quiet place to chill out...

MarkNgSiongBoon
06-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Just flew on Garuda on New Years Day price $235 all in. Will be trying Air Asia come 1st Feb.....will post 'FR':D

Freestyler69
06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Wow where did you get the S$235 deal? Air Asia flights to BKK will be available from Changi Airport?

sori la Air Asia ist flight from JB to Kl to Bangkok on 4th Feb..already fully booked sigh..

MarkNgSiongBoon
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Freestyler69
sori la Air Asia ist flight from JB to Kl to Bangkok on 4th Feb..already fully booked sigh.. i thot is 2nd Feb....S$49.90 one way is a bargain.

MarkNgSiongBoon
06-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Wow where did you get the S$235 deal? Air Asia flights to BKK will be available from Changi Airport? S$235 from travel agent in Maxwell House......can PM u the agency name if u want. Air Asia flying out of Senai in JB from Feb but as a bro said is fully booked. Budget airlines flying out of Changi will have to wait till end of this year, in the mean time just wait....

horni
07-01-2004, 09:28 AM
hi,

bought a TG ticket @ 305 from golden mile.
now oredi in bkk.
thanx again for the advices.

cheers...

Freestyler69
07-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Cool please PM the travel agent name/contact no. Much appreciated.

i think if time is important then better take TG@305, good value buy I'd say. If not can book a little early with Swissair and get S$195
can anyone tell me which agent in GM offer 305 on TG?? i'm going soon to hatyai .. see if get good deal or not

Aanok
08-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Bros freestyler69,

Try to contact Kwang Chow (located at Golden Mile) at 62938977, look for Mr or Ms Wong for enquiry.

or Phaya at 62945415, look for susan.

Aanok

tirak69
09-01-2004, 01:42 AM
KNN you go and buy wholesale is it? Or lobang pizha? Now also can find the 1999 and 2000 issues! A lot of good stuff disappeared just within days! :(

confirm not me leh... :confused:
perhaps good things cannot hide for long... no mag then buy the vcd lor. will search for more gems in don muang real soon.

Freestyler69
09-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Aanok
Bros freestyler69,

Try to contact Kwang Chow (located at Golden Mile) at 62938977, look for Mr or Ms Wong for enquiry.

or Phaya at 62945415, look for susan.

Aanok
hey bro aanok, thks for your info, mind telling me how much they offered you just in case for price comparison?

pussyman
11-01-2004, 03:17 AM
Business Times - 10 Jan 2004

AirAsia plans to fly to Changi next month

It has informed CAAS of intention to operate Bangkok-Singapore route

By VEN SREENIVASAN

(SINGAPORE) Despite failing to obtain lower operating fees in Singapore, Malaysian upstart airline AirAsia has decided to start services into the Republic.

The budget airline has told the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) that it will operate flights between Bangkok and Singapore next month.

CAAS confirmed this yesterday evening.

'Thai AirAsia has informed CAAS it intends to operate from Thailand to Singapore from February,' a CAAS spokesman told BT.

Thai AirAsia, or AirAsia Aviation Co, is the joint venture the Malaysian company set up with Thailand's Shin Corp last year.

BT understands that AirAsia will soon inform CAAS of its intention to fly between various Malaysian destinations and Singapore.

The destinations could include Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and Langkawi. These would be served by Malaysia-based AirAsia Sdn Bhd.

But AirAsia cannot get into the lucrative Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route, as all the air traffic rights for that route have been taken up.

In a related development, BT understands that Air Asia is close to signing up a prominent local partner to start a Singapore-based joint venture. This would be along the lines of its Thai operation, and the local partner would have at least a 51 per cent stake.

But the joint venture will have to apply for an Air Operators Certificate from the Ministry of Transport.

The new Singapore-based venture would use Changi as a hub to fly to various destinations in the region, especially Indonesia.

Who is the Singapore partner? Speculation is rife that it could be a government-linked corporation.

AirAsia is already collaborating with large local players such as DBS Bank, Singapore Telecom, Singapore Post and ST Engineering.

DBS, with Southern Bank, lent the Malaysian no-frills carrier RM100 million (S$45.6 million) for fleet expansion last year. DBS has also signed on to sell AirAsia tickets via its ATM network. While the bank itself is unlikely to invest in a non-core business such as aviation, its private equity group evaluates investment opportunities regularly.

SingPost, via its network of post offices, is a major ticketing agent for AirAsia. And the airline has signed up SingTel to manage its call centre network for ticket bookings.

ST Engineering, meanwhile, has been engaged to service and maintain AirAsia's fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft.

Whether AirAsia has convinced any of these companies to move from being just a service provider is anyone's guess at the moment.

But the decision to fly into Changi represents a huge change of heart by the airline, which up to now had refused to fly direct to Singapore because it said Changi airport was too expensive.

Instead, it had been trying to fly into Singapore's secondary airport at Seletar and has been wooing Singapore-based travellers to fly via its southern hub at Senai, Johor.

But just weeks ago, Singapore authorities rejected AirAsia's application for direct bus feeder services between Singapore and Senai.

Now the Malaysian carrier appears to have given up trying to persuade the Singapore authorities to give it special treatment and is going ahead with plans to fly directly into what it sees as a lucrative market.

AirAsia's entry into Singapore, despite the higher costs, will put pressure on the two Singapore-based low-cost carriers - ValuAir and Singapore Airlines associate Tiger Airways - to move their planned operations into higher gear.

It will also put more heat on network carriers like Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda Indonesia and Thai International.

pussyman
11-01-2004, 03:18 AM
CHEAP Thai-SIN airtix on the way :D

LFC1985
11-01-2004, 02:04 PM
how to got cheap air ticket to bbk on april 10 to 14..
i go there,,, which hotel to stay...
can in dman hotel izzit go.. gal friendly...
thank in advance

Freestyler69
12-01-2004, 10:42 AM
hip hip hurray!! i wish airasia also flies to Hatyai as well:)) then i can take weekend break to LOS every month

siamcutey
13-01-2004, 02:15 AM
I have nothing against budget airlines. But this is my take.

First of all, there are many things which a budget air does not have compared to a normal airflight.

Example food, drinks. How much can food and drinks costs?

Fuel is the same price. Maybe less overheads and less running costs. But then will they save some of the money on MAINTENANCE. No one knows

If one is fated to go, he will have to go in any circumstances or scenarios. But I will not compromise by saving money on safety. Money can be earned but one only live once.

Hope this don't get into a heated debate. I am just airing my thoughts.

SC

Sinoview
13-01-2004, 11:44 AM
I But I will not compromise by saving money on safety. Money can be earned but one only live once.

I fully agreed with you. We only have one life.

Budget airlines started in Europe and they have been in operations for a few years liao.

But so far, their Safety Records are quite good leh.....No data to indicate that the safety are compromised. I am such the Insurance company will be looking out for it if any.

Probably, the margin really comes from their over-head cut and lower profit for their shareholder.

SIA has been making "filties" profit margin since it was inaugurated. It's time they make less now.

Cheers

Rushie
13-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I fully agreed with you. We only have one life.

Budget airlines started in Europe and they have been in operations for a few years liao.

But so far, their Safety Records are quite good leh.....No data to indicate that the safety are compromised. I am such the Insurance company will be looking out for it if any.

Probably, the margin really comes from their over-head cut and lower profit for their shareholder.

SIA has been making "filties" profit margin since it was inaugurated. It's time they make less now.

Cheers

Budget airlines in Europe have an advantage of having secondary airports, which mean lower operation costs for landing and handling charges. Authorities in some European cities pay/subsidize the budget airlines to operate to their cities for economic reasons and jobs creation.

Can you find any such airport in Asia? For example, a Boeing 737 from Air Asia or any other airlines land at Bangkok International Airport pay the same charges. So how can an Asia based budget airlines save cost? I think some of cost savings must come from aircraft maintenance and using older aircrafts.

I, for one, will definitely stick with established airlines like SQ, CX or TG.

Sinoview
14-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Rushie
Budget airlines in Europe have an advantage of having secondary airports, which mean lower operation costs for landing and handling charges. Authorities in some European cities pay/subsidize the budget airlines to operate to their cities for economic reasons and jobs creation.

Can you find any such airport in Asia? For example, a Boeing 737 from Air Asia or any other airlines land at Bangkok International Airport pay the same charges. So how can an Asia based budget airlines save cost?
I.

This is a good point.

However, Virgin Blue which started their operation in Austalia with no secondary airports also can make money leh ....

GiddlyGook
14-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Rushie

Can you find any such airport in Asia? For example, a Boeing 737 from Air Asia or any other airlines land at Bangkok International Airport pay the same charges. So how can an Asia based budget airlines save cost? I think some of cost savings must come from aircraft maintenance and using older aircrafts.

Although I am not in the "industry" I unfortunately seem to see a lot of the insides of different carriers' planes due to work.

AK (like all other budget airlines) is cheaper because:
1) They operate only one type of equipment. Lower inventory, training etc.
2) They turnaround the equipment faster (crew usually cleans up the plane)
3) Minimal number of FAs
4) No catering, no IFE
5) Less overheads in terms of reservations (offices etc). Fares booked through web or phone.
6) Cheaper than SQ and CX because of cheaper labor costs (mechanics, pilots, FAs, overheads etc)
7) Fare prices are also a factor of margins charged

They lease older 737's (300's I believe). Maintenance issues are not yet known but they are goverened by Malaysia's equivalent of the FAA and insurance companies do require verification and the in the airline industry, there are strict prescribed maintenance schedules suggested by the maker (Being in this case).

But not all AK's fares are available at the advertised price i.e. they seem to practice some form of fare classes albeit not as complicated as SQ's. Before some of you S'porean bigots launch into a "Fuck Malaysia" campaign with AX, know that DBS is a major lender - AX's success is DBS' success as well. As is the case with many other cross-business ties between Malaysia/S'pore - can't separate the both. Those of you who fly KUL-SIN often (esp. Monday mornings/Fri evenings) will see how much business we do (and profit from) Malaysia.

BKK is a new hub for AK's JV with Taksin - they have some extremely attractive fares to HKT, HDY, CNX etc

CumKing
14-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Although I am not in the "industry" I unfortunately seem to see a lot of the insides of different carriers' planes due to work.

AK (like all other budget airlines) is cheaper because:
1) They operate only one type of equipment. Lower inventory, training etc.
2) They turnaround the equipment faster (crew usually cleans up the plane)
3) Minimal number of FAs
4) No catering, no IFE
5) Less overheads in terms of reservations (offices etc). Fares booked through web or phone.
6) Cheaper than SQ and CX because of cheaper labor costs (mechanics, pilots, FAs, overheads etc)
7) Fare prices are also a factor of margins charged

They lease older 737's (300's I believe). Maintenance issues are not yet known but they are goverened by Malaysia's equivalent of the FAA and insurance companies do require verification and the in the airline industry, there are strict prescribed maintenance schedules suggested by the maker (Being in this case).

But not all AK's fares are available at the advertised price i.e. they seem to practice some form of fare classes albeit not as complicated as SQ's. Before some of you S'porean bigots launch into a "Fuck Malaysia" campaign with AX, know that DBS is a major lender - AX's success is DBS' success as well. As is the case with many other cross-business ties between Malaysia/S'pore - can't separate the both. Those of you who fly KUL-SIN often (esp. Monday mornings/Fri evenings) will see how much business we do (and profit from) Malaysia.

BKK is a new hub for AK's JV with Taksin - they have some extremely attractive fares to HKT, HDY, CNX etc

Hi pal!

Just mentioned you & you appear. :)

More devilish,
CK

phenom
18-01-2004, 12:21 AM
The answer as to why the budget airlines are still able to turn a profit without compromising on safety is that we have all been screwed big time by the regular bully boys all this while.

siamcutey
19-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Apparently they have ceased to sell it there. I asked the salesgirl why they stopped selling it. Her answer to me was, "Mai dee.". Hahahaha!

You never ask her

Arai Mai Dee?:D

She may smile and give you her number.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
19-01-2004, 12:55 AM
The answer as to why the budget airlines are still able to turn a profit without compromising on safety is that we have all been screwed big time by the regular bully boys all this while.

I don't think its really screwed by the bully boy. Maybe its the seat we are taking justifies the amount.

Time, luxury factors into the cost.

Seriously I think budget flights are more suitable within its own interconnecting locations.

SC

francisch
20-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Read today paper adv, to BKK from Sg only S$49.90
not sure about the condition, but fly before april I think, good for those brother who wanna safe $ to meet tirak in bkk..

safe life or not who know...
but safe $ is for sure

MY tidak said to me, 2 hours flight not need to have food and can enjoy in bkk better..

sleep all the way and enjoy at night...

chop dee krap

francisch
20-01-2004, 02:26 PM
I know you can buy from SG post office and online as well, but from bkk I'm not sure ley,

used to buy my air ticket from kwan chow..
but for my next trip will try to ask cheeper air ticket first before go Kwan chow in GM

Sinoview
28-01-2004, 07:30 PM
In today papers, Today, SIA offers S$200 for travel to BKK for this Valentine Day special.

Need min. two to travel and got to book ticket by 11 Feb. Must travel between 2 to 29 Feb.

But not sure if any other catch except that its restricted to SQ70, SQ880 and SQ974. As usual no freq flyer accrual etc.

Still cosnider very Good price for SQ.....

Enjoy the offer.............

GiddlyGook
29-01-2004, 01:27 PM
KNN what happened to my post count?

Yes buy online. e-ticket.

Where to purchase the air tickets? Can it be done online?

bapple
31-01-2004, 11:01 AM
In today papers, Today, SIA offers S$200 for travel to BKK for this Valentine Day special.

Need min. two to travel and got to book ticket by 11 Feb. Must travel between 2 to 29 Feb.

But not sure if any other catch except that its restricted to SQ70, SQ880 and SQ974. As usual no freq flyer accrual etc.

Still cosnider very Good price for SQ.....

Enjoy the offer.............

Their offers are not very appealing to me because theres always some silly condition e.g. must buy X number of tickets.

Don't want to bring parents or children : )

horni
01-02-2004, 04:31 PM
zuji got offer... sin to bkk at s$259.
7 days ticket via garuda.
:p

cyrus
02-02-2004, 07:33 PM
zuji got offer... sin to bkk at s$259.
7 days ticket via garuda.
:p

Hey Bros!!

Swiss Air is slashing down price from previous S$215 to S$190 (excl. S$39 AP tax). ... total only S$229!!! e-ticket ... no service charge of (S$25) go to www.swiss.com but pay by plastic card ... but they will deliver to your address!

ahyong
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
hi hi, may i know wat is e-tickets? thanks!

cheongkid
03-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by ahyong
hi hi, may i know wat is e-tickets? thanks!
read about it here (http://yourcountry.swiss.com/local/trip-planner/id-tp-ai-e-ticketing-singapore)

keet
03-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Below states "your Valentine" maybe one of the bros here like to be mine? just for this trip? :D :D
========================================

Bangkok - One for One
For the price of one air ticket, you and your Valentine can now fly SWISS to Bangkok for a well-deserved break.

Economy Class: Two air tickets @ SGD 254
Business Class: Two air tickets @ SGD 580
Call SWISS Reservations at 6737 8133 to make your booking now!
Limited Seats Available!

Terms and Conditions:
- Sale Period: 3 Feb to 6 Feb 2004
- Outbound travel from Singapore: 9 Feb to 15 Feb 2004
- Travel must be completed by 22 Feb 2004
- Both passengers must travel together out of and back to Singapore
- Refund, cancellation and changes are not permitted
- Airfare quoted is not inclusive of airport and other applicable taxes for 2 passengers
- Immediate payment by the traveller's credit card
- Please produce your credit card for verification at time of check-in

thaiboy
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
TG......includ tax .........promation price S$255

Aanok
04-02-2004, 10:52 PM
1111111s,

Where to get the promotion????

Must learn from you to fake the whole relationship....Lesson One will start in Bangkok in my next trip...

Aa

liketoplay
05-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Just paid $265 (including tax) for my TG flight.
Ask your travel agent for this promotion.

thaiboy
05-02-2004, 01:23 PM
hahaha bro mine still cheaper than yours by S$10 buck neh neh neh!!!!!!

Sinoview
05-02-2004, 01:56 PM
A good friend of mine just bought a TG ticket :

Sin - Guang Zhou
back fm HK - Sin

with free stop over in Bangkok.

Costing S$410 excluding tax.

That's very reasonable price man......

Cheers

vaxvms
05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
A good friend of mine just bought a TG ticket :

Sin - Guang Zhou
back fm HK - Sin

with free stop over in Bangkok.

Costing S$410 excluding tax.

That's very reasonable price man......

Cheers

from which agency?
thks

Sinoview
05-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by vaxvms
from which agency?
thks

C&E Holidays P L

Tel : 6295-7117

Cheers

cheongkid
05-02-2004, 09:49 PM
AirAsia will start flying from Changi to Bangkok from 16 Feb.

http://www.asiaone.com.sg/streats/20040205_story1_1.html

vaxvms
06-02-2004, 02:54 PM

C&E Holidays P L

Tel : 6295-7117

Cheers

thks !!

i call up SIN Chung yesterday they quote $410 too plus $39 taxes
if stop over in BKK need extra

vaxvms
06-02-2004, 02:58 PM
AirAsia will start flying from Changi to Bangkok from 16 Feb.

http://www.asiaone.com.sg/streats/20040205_story1_1.html

their px got as cheap compare to swiss air recent promotion or not?
u planning a trip also?

liketoplay
06-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 1111111
hahaha bro mine still cheaper than yours by S$10 buck neh neh neh!!!!!!

Hahaha ... you frequent flyer of course will get better price than me wat .....

cheongkid
07-02-2004, 11:44 AM
their px got as cheap compare to swiss air recent promotion or not?
AirAsia flight from SIN-BKK: S$59.99/THB1300

Depart SIN 11:00
Arrive BKK 12:15

Depart BKK 07:10
Arrive SIN 10:30

MrDevil
07-02-2004, 03:39 PM
AirAsia flight from SIN-BKK: S$59.99/THB1300

Depart SIN 11:00
Arrive BKK 12:15

Depart BKK 07:10
Arrive SIN 10:30

provided if you meet the following criteria

Booking Period
7 - 11 Feb 2004

Travel Period
16 Feb - 27 Mar 2004

wizely
08-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I almost bought the tickets from AirAsia.. until I realise the departure time is 7am from Bangkok! *#!@

Personally I prefer the timing from SwissAir @ $190. I think the promotion link has been removed from the website but here's the direct link:

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE6/tg-to-so-sg-bangkok-saver?

Btw, TG is now @ $195 too.

Chok Dee!

siamcutey
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
I've done the calculations. All in all it's S$170 for return tickets. That's inclusive of the THB500 airport tax that you pay yourself in Don Muang. You're not allow to bring your own food on board.

Major airlines will slash their prices very soon. Haha.

Budget Airlines can never fight with Major Airlines because of the no-frills they offer. It only offers an alternative, and 1 more thing is Air Asia doesn't have miles to clock, not to say whether they flight is well-maintained.

For those who are thinking of seeing their tiraks in thailand due to the coming of Air Asia, pay more for a normal ticket is better than saving some cash for their sponsorship fees. Take the major airlines.

If Air Asia runs services within Thailand provinces, it might be a hit.

eh, 7am departure timing in BKK not suited for you.

hahaha
SC

siamcutey
08-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Buy Air Asia's one way ticket to BKK then buy return tickets from a major airline in BKK. Hehehe. :D

1 way expensive in BKK. Same as anywhere too. BO hwa

hahaha
SC

Sinoview
09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
1 way expensive in BKK. Same as anywhere too. BO hwa

hahaha
SC

Is it's cost effective to buy a returned ticket from BKK vs here ???

A friend told me he does that for his business class ticket which is a lot cheaper in BKK. Is it true ???

Can u kindly check with the travel agent there and let us know since you station in BKK. Kamsiah .....kamsiah.....

vaxvms
09-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Budget Airlines can never fight with Major Airlines because of the no-frills they offer. It only offers an alternative, and 1 more thing is Air Asia doesn't have miles to clock, not to say whether they flight is well-maintained.

For those who are thinking of seeing their tiraks in thailand due to the coming of Air Asia, pay more for a normal ticket is better than saving some cash for their sponsorship fees. Take the major airlines.

hahaha
SC

wat 0700 flight??
must be jokin man
how to wake up or should i put it juz finish chiong than supper back hotel one bonk and have to leave for airport liao
rather pay more and now swiss air one for one some more

cyrus
09-02-2004, 08:29 PM

hahaha
SC

Can't agree more ... will always prefer major airlines .... talking about sponsorship .... guess we have start having a new thread on sponsorship ...

GiddlyGook
10-02-2004, 01:52 AM
http://www.bangkokpost.com/040204_News/04Feb2004_news09.html

Sinoview
10-02-2004, 10:43 AM

Haa...haaa....Safety issue here !!!!

What a bad start for Thai AirAsia !!!!

vaxvms
10-02-2004, 02:33 PM

tink i stick to TG when heading LOS

Rushie
10-02-2004, 08:29 PM

A friend told me he does that for his business class ticket which is a lot cheaper in BKK. Is it true ???

Can u kindly check with the travel agent there and let us know since you station in BKK. Kamsiah .....kamsiah.....

Hi Sinoview,

I always buy my tickets from Bangkok.

The following are published fares, before discount from travel agent.

BKK/SIN/BKK SQ Business THB22840 excluding tax (USD586)
SIN/BKK/SIN SQ Business SGD1436 exculding tax (USD855)

The difference is even greater if it is on other airlines.

Regards
Rushie

siamcutey
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM

For business class and first class, one can see the difference in the price. For the economy classes, though cheaper to buy in BKK than in Sin, the difference is not much. Only a little like about $10-$30 depending on promotions too. Sometimes Singapore have promotion, while BKK don't have while sometimes vice versa. In long run, it will be cheaper to buy a return ticket from BKK instead if you are frequently flying to BKK every 2 weeks.

SC

siamcutey
11-02-2004, 12:29 AM

Initially I was thinking how Air Asia could be given a piece of the air industry competing with Thai Airways. Even Singapore don't really like the addition of Budget Airways as it heats up the competition in the Air industry even further.

When "Shin Corp" is mentioned, no wonder lah. hahaha

Makes me wonder why the newspapers in thailand loves to mention "Shin Corp".

hahaha
SC

cheongkid
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Return tickets to Bangkok by Swiss Air at S$229 (inclusive of tax).

Sales period: 29 Jan 2004 - 31 Mar 2004

Travel period outbound: 01 Feb 2004 - 31 Mar 2004

Travel period inbound: 01 Feb 2004 - 14 Apr 2004

Minimum stay: None

Maximum stay: 14 days

http://www.swiss.com/web/tg-to-so-sg-bangkok-saver

vaxvms
13-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Return tickets to Bangkok by Swiss Air at S$229 (inclusive of tax).

Sales period: 29 Jan 2004 - 31 Mar 2004

Travel period outbound: 01 Feb 2004 - 31 Mar 2004

Travel period inbound: 01 Feb 2004 - 14 Apr 2004

Minimum stay: None

Maximum stay: 14 days

http://www.swiss.com/web/tg-to-so-sg-bangkok-saver

got cheap china airfare lobang or not bro!!!

Sinoview
13-02-2004, 03:08 PM
got cheap china airfare lobang or not bro!!!

Latest :

S$410 for returned ticket to GZ on TG cheap enough or not .
Some more with free stop-over in Bangkok.

Call : Sin Chung Tours P L
Tel : 6535-1698

Check this website for offer in other places :

http://www.airfares.com.sg/

Cheers

tirak69
14-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Initially I was thinking how Air Asia could be given a piece of the air industry competing with Thai Airways. Even Singapore don't really like the addition of Budget Airways as it heats up the competition in the Air industry even further.

When "Shin Corp" is mentioned, no wonder lah. hahaha

Makes me wonder why the newspapers in thailand loves to mention "Shin Corp".

hahaha
SC

shin corp=thai rak thai party??? ;)
there was also a recent rukus where iTV (owned by shin corp) was accused of covering the bird flu outbreak until other stations started reporting it.

vaxvms
16-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Latest :

S$410 for returned ticket to GZ on TG cheap enough or not .
Some more with free stop-over in Bangkok.

Call : Sin Chung Tours P L
Tel : 6535-1698

Check this website for offer in other places :

http://www.airfares.com.sg/

Cheers

thks bro!!
book liao from SIN CHUNG
u in GZ next wk?

Sinoview
16-02-2004, 04:06 PM
thks bro!!
book liao from SIN CHUNG
u in GZ next wk?

Ha..ha....me also booked ticket liao.

But for Beijing this Friday flight.

No choice leh...got to be there even though it's still very cold up there right now. Me in BJ for about a week.

You ???

Cheers

vaxvms
16-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Ha..ha....me also booked ticket liao.

But for Beijing this Friday flight.

No choice leh...got to be there even though it's still very cold up there right now. Me in BJ for about a week.

You ???

Cheers

me gg GZ loh

Mr.romance
16-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi to all bros that are hardcore bangkok fans,

Me most likely flying to Bangkok during their "Songkra"..."Thai New Year" ..But was wondering is it worth going as My main puspose is to meet up with my gal there & to get poured by
the holy water there As I heard its quite "Heng" if u are accidently gana poured

I will be on a budget trip & really wondered will the airlines
increase the price for any tour package...Bros Any Idea?

I choose to go on the 3rd day of their New year so my gal wont
"Kah" me like a "Robert"..COs i believe she will need lots of
"parang parang" for herself & her home...So u guys think is it a good day to go or shall I go During their last day as I heard the new year is as long as 15 days just like ours..BTW any bros wana join?

Cheers

siamcutey
17-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Mr.romance
Hi to all bros that are hardcore bangkok fans,

Me most likely flying to Bangkok during their "Songkra"..."Thai New Year" ..But was wondering is it worth going as My main puspose is to meet up with my gal there & to get poured by
the holy water there As I heard its quite "Heng" if u are accidently gana poured

I will be on a budget trip & really wondered will the airlines
increase the price for any tour package...Bros Any Idea?

I choose to go on the 3rd day of their New year so my gal wont
"Kah" me like a "Robert"..COs i believe she will need lots of
"parang parang" for herself & her home...So u guys think is it a good day to go or shall I go During their last day as I heard the new year is as long as 15 days just like ours..BTW any bros wana join?

Cheers

You think she will have time for you? They will be with family and friends mostly.

And 1 more thing is the water is not holy. Its just normal water. There is no heng or sway. Just that they say good to play. See people play just play lor. Whack them with the water guns.

Airlines, Travel Agencies will come out with those Songkran packages. In my view, its crap. Because Bangkok is like dead town, with most people going back provinces. Chiangmai will be very happening on the celebrations and the play water part.

If anyone looking for cheong, please save it after songkran

SC

keet
17-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Pattaya normally holds the festival longer and a week after the Songkran. but this year is during the mid-wk so maybe just the official 3 days but up-country might be longer.
anywhere out of Bangkok will be fun.

what "holy" water? unless u go to the Temple and get blessed by the monks ;)
if not, u might even get "lokang" water mixed with talcum powder esp those very cooling type then u whole body itchy .:D

TG latest pricing SG-BKK return, all flights except 1st morning flight going at $240 nett! But fly before 31st March.

siamcutey
17-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by keet
Pattaya normally holds the festival longer and a week after the Songkran. but this year is during the mid-wk so maybe just the official 3 days but up-country might be longer.
anywhere out of Bangkok will be fun.

what "holy" water? unless u go to the Temple and get blessed by the monks ;)
if not, u might even get "lokang" water mixed with talcum powder esp those very cooling type then u whole body itchy .:D

TG latest pricing SG-BKK return, all flights except 1st morning flight going at $240 nett! But fly before 31st March.

Chiang Mai 5 days celebration at least and start earlier end later.

From what I see the price rates, probably it might increase during songkran.

SC

Direngrey
18-02-2004, 01:45 PM
I m planing to bring mine tirak to KL(Malaysia). Could anyone that's familar with any tour agency in bkk pls give me their phone no. at bkk and the cheapest rate that i could found. Thanks.:D

Pls dun tell me airasia...

Mr.romance
18-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Bros

Any Idea wats the pricing range of AIRASIA?

I heard from todays CNA that only 1/3rd of the plane is full during their launch..quite pathetic leh..I expect to be it to be fully booked ..furthermore its only 1 flight per day
The CEO tony Fernandes look Worried...Paiseh if u were one of SAMBoy's hardcore forum member...heehee

Any more budget package trip of about $300 for 4 to 5 days in BK that u guys can share at a ladies friendly hotel/apartment...I mean for Single room...of coz air flight included...i don mind taking
AIRASIA...i doubt OSAMA will wana bomb it...choi..touch wood

Cheers

cyrus
20-02-2004, 09:04 PM
You think she will have time for you? They will be with family and friends mostly.

And 1 more thing is the water is not holy. Its just normal water. There is no heng or sway. Just that they say good to play. See people play just play lor. Whack them with the water guns.

Airlines, Travel Agencies will come out with those Songkran packages. In my view, its crap. Because Bangkok is like dead town, with most people going back provinces. Chiangmai will be very happening on the celebrations and the play water part.

If anyone looking for cheong, please save it after songkran

SC

That's right ... anyway, I'm joining my girl and her family in Chiangrai .... ..

siamcutey
21-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Mr.romance
Hi Bros

Any Idea wats the pricing range of AIRASIA?

I heard from todays CNA that only 1/3rd of the plane is full during their launch..quite pathetic leh..I expect to be it to be fully booked ..furthermore its only 1 flight per day
The CEO tony Fernandes look Worried...Paiseh if u were one of SAMBoy's hardcore forum member...heehee

Any more budget package trip of about $300 for 4 to 5 days in BK that u guys can share at a ladies friendly hotel/apartment...I mean for Single room...of coz air flight included...i don mind taking
AIRASIA...i doubt OSAMA will wana bomb it...choi..touch wood

Cheers

I really wonder why people are hoo-ha ing about Air Asia. You pay peanuts you get monkeys. If can pay money to bonk a girl, why must scrimp and save on air?

Want to know what is Air Asia, just go Post Office. It's stated as $150 for 2-way. It's not as if there are many Air Asia distributors in Singapore. Even if discount, how much you guys want? $59 for 2 way.

If really want to enjoy in BKK, be prepared to spend. Only then during cheonging, one will not think of whether is this too expensive that too expensive.

SC

bapple
21-02-2004, 02:39 AM
I really wonder why people are hoo-ha ing about Air Asia. You pay peanuts you get monkeys. If can pay money to bonk a girl, why must scrimp and save on air?

Want to know what is Air Asia, just go Post Office. It's stated as $150 for 2-way. It's not as if there are many Air Asia distributors in Singapore. Even if discount, how much you guys want? $59 for 2 way.

If really want to enjoy in BKK, be prepared to spend. Only then during cheonging, one will not think of whether is this too expensive that too expensive.

SC

Pay peanuts for airfare, can go more often, or have more to spend on the other attractions in LOS.

No frills airline OK with me. Can easily skip in-flight meal & wait 1.5 hrs for the yummy Thai food. No point paying for in-flight movie as flight to BKK too short to see end of a movie.

Airasia will also force the other airlines to keep ticket prices competitive i.e. low

siamcutey
21-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by bapple
Pay peanuts for airfare, can go more often, or have more to spend on the other attractions in LOS.

No frills airline OK with me. Can easily skip in-flight meal & wait 1.5 hrs for the yummy Thai food. No point paying for in-flight movie as flight to BKK too short to see end of a movie.

Airasia will also force the other airlines to keep ticket prices competitive i.e. low

Discount on price (is it=) Discount on safety checks?

Budget airlines work on certain routes but not all routes. A biz model that works in europe does't mean it will work in Asia. If taking a budget airline is all about just in-flight meal, in-flight movie, I guess you don't see the big picture.

Just as in buying a new car and an old car. Old car servicing maintenance costs are higher, durability lower, insurance premiums higher. So you think Airasia will pump in lots of money for such areas when they are getting the old jets?

SC

cheongkid
25-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Valuair (http://www.valuair.com.sg) starts its maiden flight on 5 May 2004. Promo price of S$138 (add S$39 for tax) for a return ticket to Bangkok. Min 2 nights stay and travel by 31 May 2004 (subject to availability).

Garage1
03-05-2004, 07:21 PM
bros, any current promotions to BKK???
swissair or finnair ???
need some advise

traummy
03-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Bros, go Muhibbah Travel Agency at plaza hotel (The Plaza). Service good and serve by all girls. All brown sugar and many chio bus there!! DiDi hard hard even b4 go oversea and cheong..... :p
Tel:62960026
Fax: 62969400
Go there personally so you can bio alot of 'things' there.
Tel them your budget and the girls there should be able to help....

Happy Holiday!! :D

thaigers
03-05-2004, 08:11 PM
bros, any current promotions to BKK???
swissair or finnair ???
need some advise

Just booked valuair $177 include tax. Excellent value :D

thaigers
03-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Bros, go Muhibbah Travel Agency at plaza hotel (The Plaza). Service good and serve by all girls. All brown sugar and many chio bus there!! DiDi hard hard even b4 go oversea and cheong..... :p

Happy Holiday!!

Too bad I booked my ticket liao :(

Garage1
03-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Just booked valuair $177 include tax. Excellent value :D

Bro, how did u get 177???
i was tweaking the dates and cheapest i got from valuair is 258, totally not worth at all
if i get 177, i will go man

thaigers
03-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Bro, how did u get 177???
i was tweaking the dates and cheapest i got from valuair is 258, totally not worth at all
if i get 177, i will go man

There is a new deal from Valuair. Sg Bkk return 3 day 2 night package 219 for 1 person and 199 for twin share :eek: 4 day 3 night is I think $289. The hotels they mentioned is BKK palace or Bkkcity inn. Are they girl friendly??
The prices quoted is for departure other then Fri and SAt I think If depart on Fri, price is slightly higher.

I think there will be a price war soon. Just keep our fingers cross. :D

tirak69
03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
There is a new deal from Valuair. Sg Bkk return 3 day 2 night package 219 for 1 person and 199 for twin share :eek: 4 day 3 night is I think $289. The hotels they mentioned is BKK palace or Bkkcity inn. Are they girl friendly??
The prices quoted is for departure other then Fri and SAt I think If depart on Fri, price is slightly higher.

include hotel??? my rate for juz air ticket is SGD177 include tax. cheaper than air asia and timing better too!

thaigers
03-05-2004, 10:58 PM
include hotel??? my rate for juz air ticket is SGD177 include tax. cheaper than air asia and timing better too!

yes . Include hotel!!!
Bkk palace and BKK city inn. any comments? Girl friendly or not?

tirak69
03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
yes . Include hotel!!!
Bkk palace and BKK city inn. any comments? Girl friendly or not?
not sure leh... but heard bkk palace is an old hotel and from wat i heard, not very "clean". only friendly hotel i know in pratuman area is d'ma.

cryptdudester
04-05-2004, 03:18 AM

I think there will be a price war soon. Just keep our fingers cross.

WOW...dat seems like a super value deal if u ask me....hey bro any website links to check it out or jus call valueair to find out? Thanks :cool:

Sinoview
04-05-2004, 10:14 AM
not sure leh... but heard bkk palace is an old hotel and from wat i heard, not very "clean". only friendly hotel i know in pratuman area is d'ma.

Bangkok Palace is the former ex-Empress Hotel located on the same street as The Plaza (MP) and very near to D'ma.

I stayed there many years ago on PROMOTION package too. It was gal friendly then......

Location wise it's so so unless prepare for long walk got to take taxi to most "interesting" places. Thus most of the taxi aound the hotels are "sharks". Never ever patronised them....they will used all kind sof trick to con the tourists like us.

It's quite an old hotel without renovation for many years liao...thus don't expect "new" facilities.

Never wanted to stay there since......

Garage1
04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
hmm, so how do u get the 177 valuair deal?

cheongkid
04-05-2004, 12:11 PM

Happy Holiday!! :D
Walao eh...go travel agency and bio cha bor? Ok lah, agreed that there got some chio bus...some quite sexy and some in traditional tudung (scarf). I always go there to book my air tickets cos they offer the best prices in town.

cheongkid
04-05-2004, 12:20 PM

Check out the following website for the packages:

http://asiatravel.com/valuair/main.html

cheongkid
04-05-2004, 12:23 PM
WOW...dat seems like a super value deal if u ask me....hey bro any website links to check it out or jus call valueair to find out? Thanks :cool:
Just click the underlined Valuair hyperlink at post #246. But the website may be inaccessible at times due to high volume of traffic.

cheongkid
04-05-2004, 12:45 PM
hmm, so how do u get the 177 valuair deal?
$177 is the celebratory price (first come first serve, subjected to availability).

Here how it works:
1) Must travel by 31 May 2004
2) Minimum 2 nights stay
3) Only a certain number of seats per flight are offered the celebratory price of $138 (+$39 tax). Both onward and return flights must have the celebratory-price seats available. Otherwise, $177 won't be offered.

thaigers
04-05-2004, 01:26 PM
$177 is the celebratory price (first come first serve, subjected to availability).

Here how it works:
1) Must travel by 31 May 2004
2) Minimum 2 nights stay
3) Only a certain number of seats per flight are offered the celebratory price of $138 (+$39 tax). Both onward and return flights must have the celebratory-price seats available. Otherwise, $177 won't be offered.

Call them up for booking and pay at their office also can. But book today must pay tomorrow, otherwise your reservations will be cancelled. THeir office is in Toa Payoh HDB hub, so, very convenient.

cheongkid
04-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Call them up for booking and pay at their office also can. But book today must pay tomorrow, otherwise your reservations will be cancelled. THeir office is in Toa Payoh HDB hub, so, very convenient.
For reservations call: 62298338

traummy
04-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Walao eh...go travel agency and bio cha bor? Ok lah, agreed that there got some chio bus...some quite sexy and some in traditional tudung (scarf). I always go there to book my air tickets cos they offer the best prices in town.

Yeh yeh!! Bro you forgot to mention sometimes those chio chio wear sexy or revealing ones like to bend over and explain your flight details and other enquiries..... wah!!!!!! Twin peaks!!! got milky white!! Got slightly tanned!! Got full moon!! And sometimes lucky got to see peak of the mountains!!! :D

thaigers
04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Yeh yeh!! Bro you forgot to mention sometimes those chio chio wear sexy or revealing ones like to bend over and explain your flight details and other enquiries..... wah!!!!!! Twin peaks!!! got milky white!! Got slightly tanned!! Got full moon!! And sometimes lucky got to see peak of the mountains!!! :D

Anyone tried their luck there? Any FR?

thaigers
04-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Seems like a price war has erupted. SIA now offering 168 return (excl tax I think) to BKK. But min 2 person traveling.

Sinoview
04-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Seems like a price war has erupted. SIA now offering 168 return (excl tax I think) to BKK. But min 2 person traveling.

Good for consumer.

But farking SIA just our government as usual always put some difficult "clauses" in their ofer.

Let's see when and how TG will fire their salvo.....

I like it. :)

thaigers
04-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Good for consumer.

But farking SIA just our government as usual always put some difficult "clauses" in their ofer.

Let's see when and how TG will fire their salvo.....

I like it. :)

Yes . the two to travel thing is really an obstacle for more ppl taking up their offer.

Valuair still cheapest (exclude Airasia) at the moment with tax inclusive.

Yes. Lets see what Thai Airways will do to protect this SG BKK sector. Hope they will have fares equivalent or lower to SQ but without restrictions on the number of persons travelling.

Garage1
04-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Since SQ offering such a deal.. wonder any bro wanna go together? make it 2, as most prob i be gng alone also..

thaigers
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Since SQ offering such a deal.. wonder any bro wanna go together? make it 2, as most prob i be gng alone also..

If take SQ promo. must go together and come back together.

tirak69
05-05-2004, 12:57 AM
SQ special promo got no mileage accrual. SUX! still find valuair the cheapest currently.

Garage1
05-05-2004, 05:28 PM
this valuair website is cheapskate...always heavy traffic ...
i can never get the 177 price being offered on valuair..

cheongkid
05-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Bro, I think there's not much chance getting it at $177 since most were pre-booked long ago. You can try calling their hotline: 6229 8338

thaigers
05-05-2004, 05:47 PM

are u sure? i still getting 177 quote from valuair, but flying on a Wed. It depends on your departure date also. If thurs or Fri fly, come back Sun, can never get 177. more like 199+39tax.

Garage1
05-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Bro, I think there's not much chance getting it at $177 since most were pre-booked long ago. You can try calling their hotline: 6229 8338

Ck, bro, thats what i tot also.. i tried surfing airasia as well, seems like the gimmick for them is slighlty more expensive return ticket...
currently cathy n thai and sq having promotions..

Garage1
05-05-2004, 05:49 PM
are u sure? i still getting 177 quote from valuair, but flying on a Wed. It depends on your departure date also. If thurs or Fri fly, come back Sun, can never get 177. more like 199+39tax.

of cos sure, why dun u tell me yr flying/return date.. i go check whet i can get 177
Departing Flight from Singapore on 19 May 04
Flight Type Departs Arrives
302 Celebratory 13:50 15:10

Return Flight - from Bangkok on 22 May 04
305 Celebratory 18:50 22:15

this is what i found for $177

thaigers
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
of cos sure, why dun u tell me yr flying/return date.. i go check whet i can get 177
Departing Flight from Singapore on 19 May 04
302 Celebratory 13:50 15:10

Return Flight - from Bangkok on 22 May 04
305 Celebratory 18:50 22:15

this is what i found for $177

SO u finally get 177???
Thai airways also have promo? can provide details as i would like to try TG:)

Garage1
05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
SO u finally get 177???
Thai airways also have promo? can provide details as i would like to try TG:)

yeah, managed to get 177 after some tweaking.. but its a rubbish date , fly on wed , return on sat afternoon.. guess there is nuthing good when things is cheap..
TG now having promo of 230 if im nt wrong.. Cathy as well

Thaiger, when are u flying oiff?

thaigers
05-05-2004, 06:20 PM
yeah, managed to get 177 after some tweaking.. but its a rubbish date , fly on wed , return on sat afternoon.. guess there is nuthing good when things is cheap..
TG now having promo of 230 if im nt wrong.. Cathy as well

Thaiger, when are u flying oiff?

check your pm

cyrus
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Guys sorry if I'm side tracking here but does anyone knows if there are any airlines that fly from Kon Tep to Chiang Rai other than Thai? I've checked out Phuket Air and Bangkok Airway, they don't seems to have it.

Garage1
05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
check your pm

Reply posted..
let me know

GiddlyGook
06-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Guys sorry if I'm side tracking here but does anyone knows if there are any airlines that fly from Kon Tep to Chiang Rai other than Thai? I've checked out Phuket Air and Bangkok Airway, they don't seems to have it.

AK=AirAsia. As low as 600B one-way. 1300B one-way anytime. 2000B differential from TG One flt a day. I still fly TG because of their schedules but TG BKK-CEI sucks big time. Lousy DARK lounge in BKK and an even worse lounge in CEI. Might as well fly with no perks and go on AK.

I posted this sometime ago but the moderator removed the entire thread. Guess why I don't post much anymore? :mad:

phenom
06-05-2004, 03:56 AM
I managed to obtain Bangkok to Chiangrai return tickets at Baht798 (Baht399 one way) on Air Asia. Their cheapest offering now is to Kon Kaen at only (don't laugh) Baht9. Yes, that's NINE bahts. Crazy isn't it?

Peter_North
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Yes . the two to travel thing is really an obstacle for more ppl taking up their offer.

Valuair still cheapest (exclude Airasia) at the moment with tax inclusive.

Yes. Lets see what Thai Airways will do to protect this SG BKK sector. Hope they will have fares equivalent or lower to SQ but without restrictions on the number of persons travelling.

Valuair is a bloody hoax. The SIN-BKK at $138 is only valid for the month of May. After May, it's $199 ! I thought I saw in the website $180 ? lampar ! I went down to Valuair office and the freaking recep said $180 was for group departure. What the fxxx !!!

At a time when SIA is charging $168, a budget airline charges $199 ? Value lan !

thaigers
07-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Valuair is a bloody hoax. The SIN-BKK at $138 is only valid for the month of May. After May, it's $199 ! I thought I saw in the website $180 ? lampar ! I went down to Valuair office and the freaking recep said $180 was for group departure. What the fxxx !!!

At a time when SIA is charging $168, a budget airline charges $199 ? Value lan !

Bro,

there is a price war now. SIA wont be charging 168 forever. So when SIA up their price, definitely will be more ex than valuair. I think Valuair did not say they are the cheapest, on average, I think they will be pricing lower than the major airlines normal price.

SIA also have all those stupid restrictions.

Peter_North
07-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Bro,

there is a price war now. SIA wont be charging 168 forever. So when SIA up their price, definitely will be more ex than valuair. I think Valuair did not say they are the cheapest, on average, I think they will be pricing lower than the major airlines normal price.

SIA also have all those stupid restrictions.

$200 to BKK excluding taxes is not cheap at all, compared to full fletched airlines like Finnair, SwissAir, etc.

forumer
07-05-2004, 06:51 AM
other than Air Asia, Thai Airways, Phuket Airways, Air Andaman, Bangkok Airways and NokAir(yet to be launched) http://www.nokair.com/menu_en.html

Are they any more budget carriers for Thailand domestic flights?

Sinoview
07-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Tg has realease the latest promotion today........under teh Thai Birthday specials :

Return ticket to :

Bkk between : $168 to $188
Hatyai : $138
Phuket/Jakarta : $148
HK, Kunmimg & GZ : $368

* Frequent flyers milage accrual for Royal orchid Plus members......

For details : http://www.thaiairways.com.sg

Cheers

thaigers
07-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Tg has realease the latest promotion today........under teh Thai Birthday specials :

Return ticket to :

Bkk between : $168 to $188
Hatyai : $138
Phuket/Jakarta : $148
HK, Kunmimg & GZ : $368

* Frequent flyers milage accrual for Royal orchid Plus members......

For details : http://www.thaiairways.com.sg

Cheers

This is what i call real value. Sure beats SIA offer.

Bu then TG is really joker man. so long than come out with this fare. Otherwise I would have fly with them :( CCB

Garage1
08-05-2004, 02:43 AM
nice offer.. i think i shall pick up the TG offer instead
very good timing as well

Peter_North
08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Peter_North and All,

Valuair is a joke. Either you fly with Airasia or major airlines with promo pricing.

You are damn right. And I damn tulan the CEO of Valuair, ex-SIA management. Damn complacent.

thaigers
08-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I never seem to be able to get Airasia advertised price, are they a joke as well?

Peter_North
08-05-2004, 06:49 PM
I never seem to be able to get Airasia advertised price, are they a joke as well?

You try a date that is at least 3 months' away from now. Let us know.

But AIRASIA booking is more userly friendly.

thaigers
08-05-2004, 07:22 PM
You try a date that is at least 3 months' away from now. Let us know.

But AIRASIA booking is more userly friendly.

3 months ahead ?????? :eek: Muahahahahahah. That's a good one. Confirm Airasia is a joker airline too.

Peter_North
08-05-2004, 07:44 PM
3 months ahead ?????? :eek: Muahahahahahah. That's a good one. Confirm Airasia is a joker airline too.

Fly RSAF lah. Faster !

cryptdudester
09-05-2004, 11:15 AM
It's not a joke airline. You must have proper planning. Return tickets at S$107 (Tax Incl) is possible. S$70+ (Tax Incl) also took before already. Ask people like phenom. He booked for whole family at dirt cheap prices before.

end of the day......airasia caters to certain customers....valueair caters to some others~....but in my opinion....Regular airlines promo prices still more worth it......how many people can plan wat they wanna eat 3 months in advance....55555~ cheers happy flying guys~ :D