PDA

View Full Version : I hid fact that dad is millionaire -- and got over $10k in bursaries

Sammyboy RSS Feed
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Today's confession features a student from the Singapore Management University (SMU) who 'hid' the fact that his father was a millionaire and received more than $10,000 worth of bursaries over four years.

Here is the confession in full:

"I'm a graduating student.

"For the past four years, I have received more than $10,000 worth of bursaries.

"My household income qualified for most of the bursaries as my father had retired and my mother was a housewife.

"However, my father is actually a retired businessman who owns several private properties with millions of dollars in his bank account.

"These information were not required in the bursary application process as the only document I have to produce was my parents' CPF statements, which showed zero contribution because they were retired.

"At that time, my monthly allowance was $1,500 per month.

"It was probably unethical for me to still receive bursaries even though I met all the stated requirements.

"Is this unethical or is it no more than doing the uncommon within the rules?

"Just Google 'loopholes in bursary application process'. Some anonymous guy from our school blogged about it."

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?151824-I-hid-fact-that-dad-is-millionaire-and-got-over-10k-in-bursaries&goto=newpost).