View Single Post
Old 23-05-2023, 08:15 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1463 / Power: 15
larue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud of
Re: True matters of the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbtt332023 View Post
Wah, your relationship is like mine only mine didn't take 7 years and not at the stage of verbal abuse yet. Sadly, maybe that's the future.

My wife is very controlling, can go extreme if angry (emotionally, not physically) and quite easily offended. She tend to get paranoid and take other people's words in the worst way possible. She used to acknowledge her temper and is aware that when she's angry, she can't control her words, and will be very insulting. But she somehow cannot understand when ppl get offended by her words of anger.

I mean, I can tahan more or less, that's why we're together. But now her attitude extends to my side of the family. She lashed out at one of my family, and she doesn't understand how it affects me. Now she doesn't want to have anything to do with my family and this caused my relationship with my family to be strained. Being torn on both sides, it has cast a shadow on our own relationship. Sometimes I feel like we do need counseling, but she refuses too as she feels like counseling is saying she's the problem and she blames everything on my side of the family.

Our dynamics is pretty much like yours I think. She controls everything, disregards my opinions mainly because she thinks she's always right, and I was okay to live with that. But the incident above suddenly becomes something I find hard to accept. I've been nothing but the best towards her family, and it's evident because her side really likes me, but she makes no effort and constantly criticises and nitpicks whatever my family does.

Anyway, rant too much. But situation might be different, and it's not like I'm in love with someone else, but TS, you're not alone.
You want this life forever? Good luck to you.

I have seen many men married to drama queens who died in their 50 or 60s.

My own very unscientific conclusion is that on some level, their minds and bodies simply decided to give up on life.