View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1388 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Ronaldo sees long-term future at Old Trafford
Tue 05 Dec, 7:42 PM

MANCHESTER, England (AFP) - Cristiano Ronaldo has brushed aside concerns he could leave Manchester United by revealing that he plans to remain at Old Trafford for the long-term future.

Ronaldo has become a target of opposition fans in the Premiership after the Portuguese winger helped end England's World Cup ambitions in controversial circumstances in Germany in the summer.

The 21-year-old was at the centre of a storm after being caught up in the incident which saw England reduced to 10-men after his Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney was sent-off.

Since then speculation has continued about whether Ronaldo, who is regularly jeered by supporters when United play away, will remain in England or move back to mainland Europe because of the abuse that has come his way.

But Ronaldo, whose popularity has not been helped by accusations of diving, has brushed aside those concerns by revealing that he will remain until United tell him he is no longer wanted.

The former Sporting Lisbon player even hinted that he enjoys being cast as the player everyone loves to hate.

"Do I intend to stay for many, many years? Yes, unless the club doesn't want me," said Ronaldo.

"It's true that people criticise me for anything I do. They love that.

"But since the World Cup all I have done is my best. I play my best and try and do the best for my team.

"Am I bothered about what people say? No.

"I try and do what I do best - play football and do my best for the team.

"If I suffer a foul I get up and carry on.

"I don't care whether I'm criticised."

Meanwhile, Gabriel Heinze believes United are coming of age as they continue to make impressive progress in the Premiership.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side will increase their lead over reigning champions Chelsea to nine points should they beat neighbours Manchester City at Old Trafford on Saturday.

And Argentina defender Heinze believes that will give the club a huge lift going into the busy Christmas period.

"We're improving with each game," said the left-back.

"We have a fantastic group and at the moment we're playing some marvellous football.

"Throughout the squad we've got quality players and day by day, match by match we're showing just how good we are.

"The position we currently have in the Premiership backs that up."

Heinze has recently re-established himself back in the side after injury.

And he believes having Patrice Evra and Mikael Silvestre pushing for his position can only be healthy for the club.

"At all the great clubs there's always plenty of healthy competition for places," Heinze added.

"It's good for the individual because it makes them work harder and get better. However, the man who makes the ultimate decision is the manager.

"Every player has got his own level of form and fitness, and after that it comes down to the boss to decide."

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result